Help Identify This Losi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got this Losi and believe it to be a XXL but am not certain. If anyone can help out with an exact identification that would be awesome. Thank You, Shaun

Attachments

• 20140507_230254.jpg
    20140507_230254.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 432
Looks like a XXL to me buddy :mustache:
One way to confirm is compare parts on your truck to some ebay part listings.

Yup, got yourself a Losi XXL, albeit a bit dirty XXL. :)

Thank You. It has some issues but I will get it going again. Shaun

Those shocks look like there from an Aftershock

Never having owned a Losi before I hope that is good.

The Aftershock is a cheaper version of the XXL, plastic shock bodies, no reverse, cheaper tx/rx, engine and pipe. Still a nice truck, I had one for a while and I really liked it. They also made one called a Mega Beetle (I think) it was the same as the Aftershock.

Yea. I'm going with either lst or aftershock. Arms are smaller, shocks are black plastic. Looks lie it's a different motor, or the head was stripped of paint. What does the motor say on it?

Yea. That's the Xxl or lst2 motor. Still, control arms seem pretty thin.

I will get some better pics later. What are the differences between the Aftershock and the XXL?

I will get some better pics later. What are the differences between the Aftershock and the XXL?

The XXL was Losi's latest LST platform, before the gas powered XXL2 of course. It was longer and wider with a few other upgrades over the other LST models

I'm leaning more towards the Aftershock, the LST2 came with aluminum shocks. The XXL came with plastic ones, but the chassis looks a little short. Doesn't really matter too much though, they all share the same basic setup so upgrades are pretty interchangeable. The cooling head is definitely not the stock one for the 454, I was guessing that it was an Axial engine to be honest, I guess the previous owner put a different head on it.

I was guessing that it was an Axial engine to be honest, I guess the previous owner put a different head on it.

I was pretty sure that was an Axial engine also, defiantly not a stock 454 head!

I was going off of the 454 that was on the side of the engine. Turns out that was just a decal or sticker because when I hit it with the air to clean it off a bit more it flew off. It does say axial on the head and has a black case. Again a motor I have not owned before. Sorry for the misinformation there. The spur gears are shot, and it rolls real rough. When I get done with the T Maxx I will get into it. Shaun

Could just be a plain old LST or LST2 with an engine swap.

I have an LST2 floating around somewhere ill put up some pics in a few hours.

That's an Aftershock for sure. The plastic shock bodies and the toe rods in the rear are a dead giveaway.

Engine is a Axial, .28 or .32.

Thank You all for your help. The Axial engine seems to be a rather solid engine, as far as I have read.