help! forward and reverse not engaging properly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O002

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sometimes, the maxx will not engage from forward to reverse, or vice versa...what is up? it is not stuck up against anything or anything like that. It is at a complete stop on open grounds. Also, is sustained high-speed running (15-20 seconds) ok for the engine?

thanks

That same thing has happend to me a couple of times but not any more and i don't know what happend !!

NCNitro do you have matts on your ignore list???

can anyone here tell me why my maxx will not wheelie? what do i need to do to get it to wheelie?

Originally posted by O002
can anyone here tell me why my maxx will not wheelie? what do i need to do to get it to wheelie?

You might have to lean it out a little, just watch your temps.

Your going to need to give us some info on your maxx's setup. Like engine, fuel,header and pipe in use on your maxx.

a good rule of thumb matts is that increasing the spur 3 teeth is the same as decresing the clutch bell 1 tooth. X

Yes:) When you want to make big changes, chang the CB for small changes, change the SG.

Originally posted by Hunter
NCNitro do you have matts on your ignore list???

Hunter, yes I do. Looks like this may be the only downfall to ignoring him, oh well its this or rip him all the time, I will go with this. For now anyway ;)

you will probably need to adjust the Lspd needle to get quicker throttle response so it will weelie. or you can go to a bigger spur gear or smaller clutch bell.

Originally posted by NCNitro

Hunter, yes I do. Looks like this may be the only downfall to ignoring him, oh well its this or rip him all the time, I will go with this. For now anyway ;)

I was just checking its not like you to give the same info that someone else did:)

No, thats not my style, lol. I never thought our "friend" could give an informative, decisive post. I finally block him and he starts making sense, go figure. :D

Back