help for my spurgear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi..yesterday i strip my first spurgear whit my revo 3.3 and i change it whit and new one whit the same theet (38T) and when i come to try it i see the gear of the motor shaft dont touch the spur gear and my trucks run like he was in neutral and dont wont to go foward or backward.....I very apreciate if someone can tell my if i got a ajustement to do for that or whate else should i doo...

tank you for your help
francois

You have to move the tranny or the motor closer to the spur gear. You need to have them mesh'd correctly. There is a trick to take a sheet of paper fold it in half so its twice as thick, and put it between the gears then tighten the engine or tranny mount bolts. This is how i do mine on my savage. then use one finger to hold the clutch bell and the other to move the spur gear to check that there is slight play in the gears. they should not drag.

Too tight of a gear mesh will make the gear heat up and your spur will fail

too loose of and it will jump teeth and strip them also.

adjust motor

You probably did the same thing i did just the other day. Landing on your head too hard will move engine in it's mount if you hit hard enough and inevitably stip the spur gear. I was able to move the engine back in line and save what was left of my spur but you may not have been so fortunate.
Be sure to take time to check pinion / spur alignement and proper gear lash. Also look at the clearance from the spur gear to the intake neck. if your not careful, you can twist motor fwd enough to cause spur to contact intake tube. Spur and pinion should be parallel with equal contact accross whole tooth, not more on one side than the other. A little too loose is better than too tight. You should be able to hold pinion gear stationary and hear a click when moving the spur gear but barely able to see any actual movement.

Back