Help confirm my nitro car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alford94

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i bought this a couple of years ago never got round to properly getting into it, just want to confirm the car and abit about it.
electrics all working just want to confirm the car. it has a KYOSHO GT engine to go with it

Attachments

• nitro.jpg
    nitro.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 190
  • nitro (24).jpg
    nitro (24).jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 168
  • nitro (19).jpg
    nitro (19).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
hi guys, done some digging around and I have confirmed that it is a KYOSHO SUPERTEN 4WD from 1998 I have something vintage on my hands

That just makes me feel old hearing someone say a 98 is vintage, Got my first one in the 80s lol. Cool rig though, is it in working condition?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 3:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:25 PM ----------

Minus the engine of course...

Hi there thanks for the reply. I basically have had this for over seven years now and probably used it once. EVERYTHING apart from the engine works spot on. I had to change the receiver but other then this it's mint. Original tires and wheels! I still have the raybrig honda NSX body to go with it. I'm in mid process of reconditioning the engine to get it all original again. Will post some more pictures tonight of the body and of the engine rebuild.

Sweet man. In good condition those are worth quite a bit of money and very rare, unless I'm thinking of the wrong one... either way Take care of it lol

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Last edited:
hi again guys, engine is back in the car and body has been cleaned up. nasty paint spill from years ago in the garage, typical. I have confirmed the car is a KYOSHO SUPERTEN GP 4WD 1998

had 4 of these with 21 conversions single an 2 speed , but prefered later fw04 as had pbs rx/batt compartment an handled great just a shame about spurs wearing out quickly

I am a complete novice to nitro RC, I am very mechanically minded I just enjoy making things work when there broken hence why I have started this little baby.
I still need a front bumper for I can't seem to find one anywhere.
I find the car very easy to use, currently only using on the road by the house but very good.
I've just taken two thunder tiger EB4 S2's on and a kyosho alpha as well. I will make them all work. just want to see this baby working after so many years sat in the garage.
do you have any idea on how much I could sell this one for???

eb4's good model alpha not so, fw03 discontinued model so parts not easily found some hunting needs to be done
quick search..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-su...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3cd1d4fd13

whats with postage :\
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-FW...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3f25295529

this seller aiming for the stars :hehe:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KYOSHO-FW...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c32bf4411
Wow, thanks so much been digging for days ! That's brilliant! I am only doing the alpha as experience I want to keep the EB4s and the FWO3, just getting myself into it slowly. Self teaching really! So how much do you reakon the kyosho is worth ?

Back