Hello, Noob trying to fix Hpi savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAxelHell

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello, i'm a noob from the Uk.

I found this site while trying to find out how to fix my Hpi Savage X 4.6 big block(with reverse).

The problem is that when I try to drive the truck forwards it just screams and goes nowhere, occasionally it will move a few feet and then just start screaming again and stop, the wierd thing is that if I switch it into reverse it will drive backwards as normal.

If anyone has any ideas what could cause this I would be very grateful.

Did you just add the reverse? My first thought is your linkage may not be adjusted correctly to fully engage the forward gear.

Hello Racer1966, thanks for your reply, I did not fit the reverse, I bought the truck new with it already fitted. It worked fine to start with, then when I was tuning the truck I managed to flip it without the top on, this is when the problem began. I thought the engine might have moved as some of the teeth on the spur gear were a bit worn, so I loosened the engine bolts and adjusted it, the cogs seem to be meshed ok.
I havent touched the reverse linkage, do you know how I could check to see if its adjusted correctly, just incase.

Undo the linkage arm on your reverse servo, switch on the electronics remote and receiver then reinstall the linkage arm basically so that the narrow pointy end is facing at 5'o clock with the middle of the front of the car being 12'o clock. Re fasten and you should be good.

Back