Hello everyone!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins82

RC Newbie
Reaction score
A big hello to you all. Yep you guessed right I'm completely new to the nitro scene after deliberating over for what feels like forever lol.

I've recently just purchased a beginner car the acme cyclone pro 2 speed 1/10 and love taking the little thing out. I understand there will be much bigger, better and faster cars out there but read this model might be a good starting point for a newbie like me.

I've already encountered a couple of problems and had a little play around with the needles as they were completely off set from where they should have been and made the car un drivable. However........

Took her out today and as usual started great, idle was great and the first few minutes were great. Then I started to notice after about 4-5 mins that the car (after giving it plenty of throttle) would want to drive itself and to keep it from moving I had to have the breaks constantly held in. After a further minute or so it would gradually go back to how it was but then the same thing would happen again.

Hoping it's a problem that could can be easily fixed as I'm loving it (I'm just a big kid at heart despite being 35). As a complete novice naturally I have ideas as to might be happening like maybe running too rich or a clutch problem perhaps but again a complete novice to it all and no doubt way way of track.

A big hello to you again and I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum here and chatting all things RC related!
Apologies for the long thread and if the post is in the wrong place etc but again this is a first for me.

Any help or advice will be greatly recieved.

Regards.....Dean

Hi

Had a good look through there but can't see anything that might apply to what I'm experiencing.

Perhaps I'm just overlooking something.

Thank you for your reply however.

It's going lean if it's surging forward like that. But if it's doing it randomly, I'd start by making sure you don't have any air leaks anywhere. Tank, lines, engine, etc. Then go from there. Welcome to RCT.

Hi there and thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I'm getting a brown coloured residue on the shell during use also but figured that would be normal.
So your suggesting richening the engine slightly on the low end when it's warmed up and starts to do it? After all it doesn't do it on start up.

Failing that check for Ieaks in the places you've mentioned.

Thank you again for your time sir.

I wouldn't touch any needles until you're 100% sure you have no air leaks, including sealing your engine up if you haven't already. Because, if you do have an air leak somewhere, which is what it sounds like, you'll just be chasing your tail the whole time.

A big hello to you all. Yep you guessed right I'm completely new to the nitro scene after deliberating over for what feels like forever lol.

I've recently just purchased a beginner car the acme cyclone pro 2 speed 1/10 and love taking the little thing out. I understand there will be much bigger, better and faster cars out there but read this model might be a good starting point for a newbie like me.

I've already encountered a couple of problems and had a little play around with the needles as they were completely off set from where they should have been and made the car un drivable. However........

Took her out today and as usual started great, idle was great and the first few minutes were great. Then I started to notice after about 4-5 mins that the car (after giving it plenty of throttle) would want to drive itself and to keep it from moving I had to have the breaks constantly held in. After a further minute or so it would gradually go back to how it was but then the same thing would happen again.

Hoping it's a problem that could can be easily fixed as I'm loving it (I'm just a big kid at heart despite being 35). As a complete novice naturally I have ideas as to might be happening like maybe running too rich or a clutch problem perhaps but again a complete novice to it all and no doubt way way of track.

A big hello to you again and I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum here and chatting all things RC related!
Apologies for the long thread and if the post is in the wrong place etc but again this is a first for me.

Any help or advice will be greatly recieved.

Regards.....Dean

Welcome to the RCNT ,an nitro scene!

What I gather from your post ,is you got a new nitro an expected it to run perfect out of the box!
That is not the way nitro engines work!

When you get a new nitro engine ,they are factory set for a break-in period ,in which the carb settings are
set at filthy rich ,after break-in ,you are suppose to slowly start to lean the sets out an start a fine tuning ,
as you fine tune ,the engine will start to rev higher ,this is where your idle set screw needs to be adjusted as well!

You should not try to hold your car still at high revs ,you will fry your clutches!
Best to set your car on a block of wood to set the idle screw!...:cool:

Yup, sounds like the LSN is set a bit too lean. You should expect to do a little warm-up time before pushing it. When it's properly warmed up it should reach its best setting, NOT when it just starts. That's why it runs good cold then gets too lean as it warms up.

Back