Hello Everyone, This is my Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonB

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to share a few pics.

4941hell.jpg

4941DSCF0019.jpg

4941blurriness-of-evilness.jpg

4941vroom.jpg

4941right-rear.jpg

I also have a T-Maxx (4-sale), RC-10GT (4-sale), NTC3 (highly modified) (4 sale), and I am currently building another RC10GT from Scratch, using the best parts I can find, basically its all being built from hop-ups.

Very nice. If you are selling the others have you tried posting them on the FS/FT forum? Sure you will get a better response there..

looks really nice........but did you build this thing for show because it is too clean.
looks more like a show piece to me that would just sit around to admire.
I noticed that you took both bumper guards off and didn't and any lock screws to hold the arms in place toprevent the pins from sliding out. But if it's just a show piece, then you don't need the lock screws for the pins since.

Very nice lookin' savage, but go out and have some fun with it!

NJRC said:
looks really nice........but did you build this thing for show because it is too clean.
looks more like a show piece to me that would just sit around to admire.
I noticed that you took both bumper guards off and didn't and any lock screws to hold the arms in place toprevent the pins from sliding out. But if it's just a show piece, then you don't need the lock screws for the pins since.

These pics were taken last Friday, its all finished now.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Just a note to add, I built this for bashing, so I figured I would take some nice pics to remember by once its all dirty.

I hope the truck holds up OK, I have RD Logics driveshafts and CVD's. The owner of the LHS said not to worry about the Integy shocks, if they bend, he can get them replaced.

I love the Outlaw .26 so far. The truck also has a Hi-tec FM Aggressor controler and a 645 Steering servo.

I got a diff lock in the rear and I did the 4 spider gear mod in the front with 30,000 weight silicone oil from OFNA. And it stops using the HPI double disk brakes.

don't take me the wrong way, I see some people spend lots of money on their truck to make it look good with all the top parts but they don't drive it.......then later on they end up selling it for way half the cost they put into it.

So what are you using to hold the upper A-arms in place since the bumper is off or did you just take the bumper off for photo ops? I tried my Savage with the bumper off for less than 5 mins and the slide pins will definitely slide out from suspension movenment so I locked them in with a set screw on each side and works great without the bumper.

NJRC said:
don't take me the wrong way, I see some people spend lots of money on their truck to make it look good with all the top parts but they don't drive it.......then later on they end up selling it for way half the cost they put into it.

So what are you using to hold the upper A-arms in place since the bumper is off or did you just take the bumper off for photo ops? I tried my Savage with the bumper off for less than 5 mins and the slide pins will definitely slide out from suspension movenment so I locked them in with a set screw on each side and works great without the bumper.

The bumpers are back on now. I built this thing to bash/beat up. It will be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to go bash it, I will be in Texas this weekend and Tennesse next weekend, but after that its on. I did manage to get one tank of fuel through the new engine, and I have to say, WOW, its strong, I am looking foward to breaking in the engine, and trying to break the truck, LOL.

I would like to build one for looks only and use all aluminum parts, like arms and bulkheads, but since I built it to bash, I just stayed with the plastic arms.

Ohh and the truck has a titanium Hardcore Racing chassis on it too.

cool......just remember with all them metal to metal parts.......Loctite your screws.
I bent two of my Integy shock shafts within a week. I now just run one shock per wheel with stiffer purple HPI springs and they have not bent since then. I still get good ride height and adjustablity with just 4 shocks. I keep the extra 4 Integy's for spare parts.

Last edited:
NJRC said:
cool......just remember with all them metal to metal parts.......Loctite your screws.

Of course, they are already done.

Very clean "Before" pics, let's see some "After" pics. She looks like she will take a beating and keep on rolling. Nice!

OK, update.

Did a 20 foot high back flip, LANDED UPSIDE DOWN.

Not much damage, just some scrapes on the roll cage, and slightly bent on rail, but I easily bent it right back with an autobody hammer. Its seriously tough, if it wasn't for that cage I would have probably cracked the cooling head and crank case on my new engine. But cool part was, when it hit, it bounced back on its wheels and I kept driving it.

All in all, I am glad this happened, now I can go beat and bash the truck, since I finally got past the first scratch.

LOL it's all down hill after the first scratch!!! When I rebuilt my Savage and spent tons of cash on aftermarket parts I was scared to drive it. After I flipped it once and scrated the rollbar and wasn't worried about it anymore. Since then I've broken a graphite hinge pin brace, 4 shock shafts, bent 2 lunsford Ti turnbuckles, a bulkhead, and trashed 2 bodies LOL. I will never change the stock a-arms though!! I bent the Ti. hinge pins without any damage to the stock a-arms!!!

Sweet Savage BTW!! I want an Rc solutions cage so bad!!!!

Sounds awsome, I really want one of those rollcages but they cost quite a bit.

well, I think I am going to sell this now. any offers.

One word: Beautiful.......well 2, CLEAN

I'll give ya $200 shipped, lmao :spit:

Back