Header mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedcj7on44s

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey i was wondering if the header mod for the 2.5 works as well with the 3.3?

are you talking about cutting the cone off of the end of the header pipe because if you are the answer is yes

yessir that is what i am talking about. So it works just as good for the 3.3?
If so i will cut it off tomorrow at work but just want to make sure that its going to be an improvement.

yeah thats where i was reading the info from. It doesn't say anything about the 3.3 though. And correct me if i am wrong. I have the chrome resonator. This is the single chamber resonator correct, which is supposed to be the better one i am reading on here.

that is absolutly correct. . .the single chamber tuned pipe is for low to mid range power and the dual chamber tuned pipe i believe is for mid to high range . . .but the single chamber is better for the simple fact that it will "get on the pipe" alot sooner which in turn gives it alot better jump off the line

Ok thats what i was thinking. Well i take my truck to work everyday so i can use the air to blow it off. So tomorrow i am going to cut the header. Ill retune and post back with my results.

awesome. . .another question for you before you go. . .as far as the loudness of the truck. . .does that single chamber make it louder or is it about the same as the stock pipe???

My revo is all stock. But i just looked up my model the 5308 and it shows it comes with the dual chamber resonator which it shows it as being chrome Also.

yeah the single chamber and the dual chamber are both chrome but the tint of chrome is a little different on them, one is actually more of a gunmetal color. . .from what i can see from different pictures

i got the blue resonator (no clue what it is) and i may cut the header and drill the stinger. but it takes some top end off

i really do not suggest drilling out the stinger

why not drill the stinger? not that i am disagreeing with you i am new to all the mods so my revo is completely stock. i have the 5309.i am trying to get a little more bottom end.
what effect would cutting the header do without drilling the stinger? i have the blue header.

ok read the article a little closer. i see what u mean revo rob the backpressure for the fuel. i dont think i will mess with the stinger. i amm going to mod the header pipe though. thanks for making me read that again lol.

i did not do the header mod today. Stayed after work late to help a friend finish installing a motor in his wifes van. I've been thinking about it and i am thinking cutting the header on the dual chamber resonator may not be beneficial. I may just go ahead and order a single chamber if my wife will allow it.

ok read the article a little closer. i see what u mean revo rob the backpressure for the fuel. i dont think i will mess with the stinger. i amm going to mod the header pipe though. thanks for making me read that again lol.

haha so i am not as dumb as i thought i was.. lol. . .if u want more bottom end. . .(btw u have the same model i do) put the single chamber tuned pipe on it. . .(through traxxas) and cut the cone off of the header pipe and re tune and u will see a dramatic difference. . .well maybe not dramatic but at least a noticeable difference

ok so what is the blue pipe? dual chamber? what other mods or upgrades have u done to yours revo rob?

ok so what is the blue pipe? dual chamber? what other mods or upgrades have u done to yours revo rob?

originally i had a trx 3.3 with an rb innovations supercharger and the silver bullet nitrous system but the supercharger was soooo hard to get tuned and after talking with a few ppl i took off the supercharger and the nitrous but other than that i have rpm front a-arms, e-revo black chrome wheels, proline masher tires, traxxas wing and mount, traxxas single chamber tuned pipe, i have a picco .26 maxx on its way, also i have a second set of e-revo wheels with proline road rage tires (depending on where i bash will determine what tires i use haha) then just the basics new body painted by me, 17 tooth clutchbell, 36 tooth spur gear(better top end) rebuilt stock shocks with 40 wt shock oil,

ill take the nitrous off your hands. if i can just pay the ride

thats cool looks like i have a long way to go lol!!!

when i first got mine i met a guy in aparking lot and he had the supercharger on his to and it flew!!!! but he said the same really hard to tune.