Header diameter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The new header I received in the mail today has a smaller diameter than the other header I have. It fits fine on the block end. The part number is TRA4940

Why is the header considerably smaller in diameter. How will this affect performance and tune?

Isle it you bought it for the Npede? What was wrong with the stock rubber one?

Smaller diamiter= slightly more backpreassure,slightly less flow,better topend,in theory!

transmited from a mobile communications device

I got the new header because I took the .15 pro out of the pede to put in my tmaxx. The header I have for the pede won't fit the Tmaxx. Until it warms up enough to break in my 2.5R I'm gonna run the .15 pro in the Tmaxx. I can't complain with more top-end but I gotta say I was angry that my tmaxx is still not ready to run.

I replaced the stock header and exhaust on the pede a long time ago because the rubber exhaust got leaky about a gal in.

The coupler isn't very tight without zipties. Should I find another coupler thats tight or will zipties work fine? I have the traxxas 4941 coupler for the .15 .

Last edited:
Zip ties will suffice! It wouldent hurt to slather some hi temp gasket sealer just to be sure. I'm planning to do the same thing. Put my Npede engine on my original max. Have you figured out the throttle setup since its a rotary carb

I completely forgot about using a gasket sealer. I have plenty of that stuff from when I was sealing the .15 pro and 2.5R. The throttle linkage is easy. You can find the linkages online from the .15 Maxx. Even though my Maxx is a 2.5 Maxx everything fits/works fine. I'll get you a picture of my set-up later this morning.

I just got done with putting the coupler on. That was a pain. I'm not even sure how well it will seal but I guess I'll find out when I run it. Here's the pictures of the linkage for kyleb. You guys like how I have my exhuast rigged up for now? Had to use a lighter leash to hold the exhaust/coupler in place until it sets.

002_zps8bf7baa3.jpg

003_zpsf428af14.jpg

It looks like it's kinda rigged with those linkage things on either side of the carb slide but it was the only way I could get the linkage to stay put. I tried to bend it like the pede linkage but I just couldn't get it bent right so I went with that configuration (that's why the linkage looks bent). I played with it a whole bunch to make sure it wouldn't bind up somewhere and it seems just fine. I will tell you one thing though kyleb, it is close quarters around that carb. Those linkage things (on either side of the slide) just about sit up against the ez-start motor and just barely clear the bottom of the airfilter. But I see no problems. Take this into consideration too, if I was planning on keeping the .15 pro in the Tmaxx I would try this out. Loosen the carb and rotate it 180 degrees and then switch the linkages around. That should give you easier access to the LSN. I have seen pictures of that configuration but I have not tried it.

One more thing, I always had trouble with the linkage on the pede. I couldn't really get it to open the carb fully but now after playing with the Tmaxx linkage I got it perfect. I am very excited to see how it performs now. When I was doing WOT passes it never sounded like it was WOT. So now it should be good.

Last edited:
It looks good, nice to see another Npede owner

I'm running a 3.3 in mine atm

CDC8BB64-FF66-45E1-8709-3720D7499BB9-1641-000002612D69D379.jpg

Wow, I couldn't imagine a 3.3 in the pede. I feel like the .15 pro is perfect for it. At least on the low end side of things. I cannot keep my tires from spinning. I'm using the stock talon tires though, I would imagine those tires you have on the pede grab better.

Has the 3.3 ruined anything on the pede? I would imagine you would have to beef up the diff, driveshafts, ect to get a 3.3 to work in there. If you don't mind drilling 1 or 2 holes in the chassis (cannot remember), you can get one of those waterproof Rx boxes for the e-pede and mount it under the chassis. Basically right under the fuel tank, in between the X braces. It works fine, the only time the Rx box will bottom out is when I'm going down stairs.

I haven't broke anything yet besides a body

That is a tmaxx rx box on there in front of the fuel tank. I used a aluminum mounting plate to screw onto. I waterproofed the rx box and am running a 2.4ghz radio

Oh, nice. I went the easy route with the waterproof rx box because I already had extra holes drilled for a proline tank so I didn't have to drill any more. And I didn't trust myself waterproofing anymore because I have already ruined 1 Rx from water.