have no clue (1st nitro car)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothy101374

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i received my first nitro car 3 weeks ago today was the first day i had to run my car and i got issues i need your help with 1st one is my car is idleing high it will not sit still once its cranked 2nd trying to do the break in period with my car and adjust the high speed needle valve and ran the screw out to far and I've lost the screw from this valve and the car want start .... 3rd i got directions but i can't understand it the engine is a 18cxp does anyone know if i can get a new screw or do i have to buy the whole carb. and where can i find the parts i need this car was purchased from banana hobby ....:\

Hey I think the engine you are talking about is a vortex engine I have one and it's still going and believe me it's had it's fair share of play but as for the screw I would say you could get the screw by itself from a website called rc hobbies witch is based in Australia and they have all the parts you need for that particular engine. Good luck on fixing your car!

If your car is idling very high then you need to check your linkage to see where the carb is at. With the engine off but the radio on, take off the air filter and use the throttle to see where the carb is at. If its too open which sounds like it is, then adjust the linkage by using the throttle trim on the remote. Once you have that figured out, you need that screw to run your engine because without it, the engine will not run. YouTube is your best friend and will have a lot of information about how to check over your car and so on.

Back