Has anyone else

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron030886

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ever had the piece circled in the picture come off of there truck? I'm not sure what it is, but I just got my truck back today from having my LHS guy break it in for me, and the red piece and silver bar has already came out twice. Right now I can't even find the red piece... Anyone?:\
Revopart.jpg
[/IMG]

Those are push rods. They're part of your suspension system. I'm not sure if you can buy just the piece that you're missing. Either way, that piece is needed to allow the suspension to function properly. They're a fairly common part so give a call to your LHS to see if they have some replacements. It may be worth it to replace the rod as well as the missing piece. Maybe one or the other wasn't machined correctly and the threads aren't holding them on the truck for you. Check out the accessories section on the traxxas website under the Revo 3.3. An upgrade version of the pushrods will be in that list as well...just in case you're interested. Hope this helped.

Those are push rods. They're part of your suspension system. I'm not sure if you can buy just the piece that you're missing. Either way, that piece is needed to allow the suspension to function properly. They're a fairly common part so give a call to your LHS to see if they have some replacements. It may be worth it to replace the rod as well as the missing piece. Maybe one or the other wasn't machined correctly and the threads aren't holding them on the truck for you. Check out the accessories section on the traxxas website under the Revo 3.3. An upgrade version of the pushrods will be in that list as well...just in case you're interested. Hope this helped.

Oh ok, thanks! It did help, at first I didn't even know what the name of the part was. So the silver piece is the push rod, and the red piece is what?

It's hard to see from that picture and my truck isn't right in front of me now but I imagine the red piece you're talking about may be a pivot ball housing that should be holding the rod onto the a arm. The best way to know for sure is to bust into the exploded views that came with your truck. They identify every piece on the truck, part name and number for replacement purposes. Checking that is a sure bet you'll know exactly what you need to replace and can find out if your LHS has it or if you gotta go to the web and order it. Either way, it sounds like it should be a really quick simple fix once you get the new part. Have fun man!

That red piece is a spacer, replace the rod end and spacer and you should be good to go.

I had a rod end strip out on me, it was kinda weird. It came loose and of course the truck was squatting really bad. I didn't lose the spacer the first time it came loose. I screwed the end back on and pulled as hard as I could, the rod end didn't budge. A couple of jumps later, it came apart again, this time I lost the spacer. I had replaced the rear rod so I had an extra end that I just screwed on.

It was weird that I could screw the piece back on, pull as hard as I could and it didn't move, but a couple of jumps popped it right out. I'm no muscle-man but I figured if it was stripped that badly, I'd at least be able to move it.

Back