Has anyone done the how2rc.com conversion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wevil

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a chassis with just the tranny and suspension on it and thought this might be a good use for it.

http://www.how2rc.com/The T MAXX conversion to Brushless Electric Power.html

Has anyone else done this? And any feedback about the conversion?

It looks like it would be pretty cheap, I already have batteries and a charger. So mounting bracket, forward only kit, and one speed kit, and of course motor and esc and I would be set.

The single speed conversion was designed for a low torque nitro engine.
When used with a BB nitro engine the single speed gears fail within short time if you run your rig hard.
A decent brushed/brushless system will shred the gears even sooner unless you run a really loose slipper, and what fun would that be…

I recommend using the Brushless Emaxx transmission if you intend to do the conversion.

Grab some RRP gears and lock your tranny into 2nd gear....I've been studying up on a conversion myself and this seems the way to go. Either that or get a brushless emaxx chassis and the 3908 tranny. The emaxx tranny won't fit the nitro chassis without making an adapter plate. Its not wide enough.

The mount works great. I did it to my first t-maxx a while ago with a MM system. I did not run it very much before trading it so I can't tell you how the stock the tranny held up.

You can get a new embe chassis with accessories and tranny real cheap on ebay, I can't see any point in using a nitro chassis.

Back