Hardcore's Pro chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have just finished installing the new HCR ti .15 pro chasis that is a direct fit for the 2.5 model of the T-maxx. I also put on the new HCR mutant head. I just love Ti its great. This chassis and head are things of beauty. Not only do the look good the are functional. The chassis alone took 120 grams off the total weight of the truck, but the head adds 30 grams. I took 111 grams off with the pullstart and 145 grams off with taking off the stock rims and tires and putting velocity dish wheels and bow ties on. I took the above metioned 120 grams with the chassis, and I really couldnt tell you how much the foc took out but it was at least a quarter pound. So I think I am at about 8.5 lbs for my T-maxx

The head:
Looks awesome! Makes it look like you are running a big block instead of a small block. It was a perfect fit! I was running temps of 250-260 and now I dont get over 210! Is that too cold? Should I lean it out some more since my temps are lower? Does this shorten my engine life?

You should be fine to lean a little bit more being that you were only running as high as 260 before. I would say with the new head you should be safe at about 240-250. This is just my opinion though. You want to make sure you are not starving the engine for fuel and still getting enough lubrication.

I would like to see some pics of that chassis and head mounted up. Has to look sweet!

And yes, HCR parts are pricey but well worth it if used in the right areas.

I need a battery for my digital cam and I will pick one up after work today and I will take some photos tonight and post tomorrow. It does look sweet I think my Maxx is my favorite toy this week now.:cheers:

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
I need a battery for my digital cam and I will pick one up after work today and I will take some photos tonight and post tomorrow. It does look sweet I think my Maxx is my favorite toy this week now.:cheers:

Isnt that funny how it works. You have one favorite today and another one tomorrow. And on and on and on.... But its like a drug for us. Better than other things I guess. At least thats what I keep telling the wife.

can't wait to see the pics!

Ok here goes. Sorry for the quality of the pics I took them while I was driving to work this morning.

24415155.gif

24415152.gif
24415148.gif
24415144.gif
24415139.gif

That so funny I didnt even notice it at first there is the wrapper for the battery I bought this morning on the floor of my car in the last picture :hehe:

Alright Chrisitan where ya at? I posted the pics just for you and I am anxious to see what you think.

Last edited:
Man that looks sweet! I really like how HCR did the cutouts to reduce weight and still maintain strength!!!!!

VERY nice ride you have there!!!!

What are your likes/dislikes about those fuel lines?

I love the way they look and I think they disapate more heat away from the fuel lines (not really sure). It sucks when the little blue covers at each end of the fuel lines slips off when installing/uninstalling and its a bitch to get them back on as the braided ends want to unravel.:stickup:

Sure is a perty ride, ya got there.

Needs some mud.

It is pretty clean because when I just swapped out my chassis, head, and installed the rear aluminum bulks I cleaned everything since I had it all apart. I waiting for this damn rain to clear! You know what I just though of something! I can go buy a RC Nitro boat. I'm not a junkie I swear!

Back