hardcore racing a arm extensions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybird

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT
This is an optional set of A-Arm Extenders for the Traxxas T/E-Maxx.
These thread into the ends of the suspension arms.

FEATURES: Titanium construction
A-Arm extenders enlarge the width of the vehicle by more than 1"

INCLUDES: Four blue A-arm extenders
Four 3mm set screws

REQUIRES: Installation onto vehicle.

SPECS: Length: 5/8" (15mm)

COMMENTS: These extenders will not work with CVDs designed for the original
length T/E-Maxx trucks.

Hardcore Racing A-Arm Extenders Blue T-Maxx

go to tower hobbies.com and select tmaxx- hardcore racing products

i dont know how to put a picture on this forum. anyway i bought these, put them on and they just spin inside the wheel. i looked for a way to put the hex and the axel pin on but they wont. does this have something to do with it: COMMENTS: These extenders will not work with CVDs designed for the original length T/E-Maxx trucks. what does original length t/e maxx mean? i tried putting these on my revo 3.3. does that fit in that category? do i have to buy something else for them to fit or did i just buy the wrong part?

Can you try to post a part number and a link?

It sounds like your trying to use these as axle extenders but thats not how they work. According to tower they screw into the end of the a arm not onto the axle. Unscrew the pillow ball from your a arm, screw the adapters in where the pillow balls were, then screw the pillow balls into the adapters. This is what it looks like to me.

Smaxxin that is how it is supposed to be done. Since these are metal, then I would suggest a little blue threadlock.

they only give u 4 not 8 though

i did one and it seems to work. but that means i have to buy another set. that sucks. the blue boot doesn't fit right though. its all stretched out and looks like crap

i take that back. they will work but i dont think they will without a longer toe link. can u even get longer toe links? is there any other way to make the revo wider? i know about spiracingwheels.com and they add 2+ inches. but are those wheels fully functional. are they heavier than stock?

Last edited:
dirtybird said:
they only give u 4 not 8 though

i did one and it seems to work. but that means i have to buy another set. that sucks. the blue boot doesn't fit right though. its all stretched out and looks like crap

Well it looks like that is how it will be. As far as the quantity, it looks like they give you enough to do the front or back. If you wanted all four, you will need to buy another set.

Please post pics if you can to help us better.

i take that back. they will work but i dont think they will without a longer toe link. can u even get longer toe links? is there any other way to make the revo wider? i know about spiracingwheels.com and they add 2+ inches. but are those wheels fully functional. are they heavier than stock? the way this is going i dont think 1" is worth the money. ill try to post pics tonight.

Last edited:
dirtybird said:
i take that back. they will work but i dont think they will without a longer toe link. can u even get longer toe links? is there any other way to make the revo wider? i know about spiracingwheels.com and they add 2+ inches. but are those wheels fully functional. are they heavier than stock?
You can make it wider using the Extended arm set for the Revo
Scroll down to see the item
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo33/trx_revo33_accessories.htm
PIC
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo25/accessories/5333R-ext-wheelbase-LG.jpg

and you can try getting some Proline rims with an offset. Good luck.

i know about them but I'm pretty sure they make the truck longer not wider.

yeah... jon, you're very much confused on those rear A-arms. i noticed in another thread that you mentioned widening the truck with them. all they actually do is give you a hole further back to screw your pillow balls into. this, in turn, makes the truck longer, be it not by much.

dirty - one of the beautiful things about the revo is its handling. if you start widening the stance of this beast, your responsiveness and overhandling and going to start getting swirlly. i know what you're going for, you want it to be more "stable", but you can accoplish that by doing other things. if you lengthen the wheelbase... thatll work. you can play with the camber and castor adjustments on the axle carriers. you can adjust the roll by fiddling with the pins that the upper A-arms rotate on. adjusting your shock oil to something lighter will make it give a lot more, making it more stable.

in other words... leave the stance as it is. the revo is awesome, stock! the options you have for this machine are nearly endless. so, get your manual, read up on all the stuff i mentioned, and get that thing rockin".

later, good luck.

That is unfortunate. I spoke to Traxxas rep there at RCX and then called them to find out the status on when the stuff for the Revo 3.3 was due out. Both times I was told what I posted. Granted I am not too familiar with the Revo, I do take what the actual company states seriously. I don't try to post incorrectly so on my behalf I am sory. I am also sorry about the poor technical supprt I recieved from Traxxas. I will give them another call if I can today on the parts in question. I will post any and all info on what they relay to me.

Jon

jon2 said:
That is unfortunate. I spoke to Traxxas rep there at RCX and then called them to find out the status on when the stuff for the Revo 3.3 was due out. Both times I was told what I posted. Granted I am not too familiar with the Revo, I do take what the actual company states seriously. I don't try to post incorrectly so on my behalf I am sory. I am also sorry about the poor technical supprt I recieved from Traxxas. I will give them another call if I can today on the parts in question. I will post any and all info on what they relay to me.

Jon

its no big deal. thanks for all the info though. i think Mallanaga is right about the handling. i actually bought those for my t-maxx then i go the revo and was going to try it out. it does have twice the handling as the t-maxx, so i'll just leave it the way it is. just one more question. does the stiffer spring make it flip easier or harder to flip? my friend says it will make it harder to flip but i say opposite

If you want to make your revo wider, use offset rims. Those axle extenders are going to chew through bearings faster then you can replace them.

dirty - find a way to lock the shocks in place. now grab the two wheels and pick up on it rather fast. observe. now, unlock the shocks and repeat. observe. question answered =)

Back