GS Storm Unlimited Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The stock .25 is starting to show some signs of real hp. I'm having a problem with the torque that it produces. It's pulling one of the front wheels off of the ground at wot (it's ballooning) which in turn causes the truck to veer to the right. It's uncontrollable to put it mildly. Any suggestions on how to evenly distribute the hp without have to lay off of the throttle?

try playing with your suspension. if you put some spacers in the wheel that is comming up and take some spacers out of the one that is not then it might keep the truck balanced better. And if that doens't work then i don't know.

In addition to playing with your susupension, try this. This might be hard if your tires are already glued to the rims, but in the future to keep that tire and all tires from ballooning turn them inside out, get some of that nylon re-inforced packing tape, wrap the tape around the tire, just once overlapping by 1/8". Turn the tire right side out and install on the rim still using your choice of foam. You'll get rid of that pesky ballooning problem giving you a bigger contact patch, and a better bite.

Good tip military, I'm going to try that. Also go to a heavier diff oil in the front.

Dumb me...... the SUT rtr comes with greased diffs not diff oil. It's got less than a 1/2 gallon through it and I have not raced it so the diffs have not been opened up yet. So I'm picking up some 30,000wt for the center, 10,000wt front and 3,000 rear. Come to find out I'm not the only one that's had this problem. It also may be a bent drag link, front bearings, diff, etc from what I've been able to gather. I'll post again with the findings.

*****Edit...Discovered a bent drag link

Last edited:
StrechM, have you raced that thing yet? If so, how does it do against MGT (assuming someone was using one)? How about your SUT against other MT's in general? I am sick of breaking my race Maxx and am looking at either the MGT or the SUT to go racing with.

Chevy-SS, no not yet but it will perform. I've held the MGT in my hands at the lhs but have not seen one run or race.

Chevy SS,

If you are going racing, give the TNX a good look as well. It is much lighter than the MGT, and handles just as well. The .18 looks small, but has mega power through the rev range. It is the best truck I have ever driven, hands down.