GS Storm buggy rtr or ofna buggies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxboy100

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,
Which is the hot new car?
(Whats the new sweet racer nowadays, been a while since I've looked at buggies)
For ofna i was lookin at maybe the Jammin.
Which one is the fast racer yet durable buggy?

Thanx guys

Savage 25
X-Cellerator

well my storm was not at all durable, and the engine lasted about 4 gallons only, i know its a matter of tunning, just make sure youve got that covered... havent try an ofna though

Please dont start the whole "just do a search thing" here. The Storm is OLD compared to the new buggies out there. But I do like mine. Jammins are nice,but so are Mayhems,Xrays,and 777s. How much do ya want to spend and does it have to be RTR?

Please dont start the whole "just do a search thing" here.
Ya well this question has been asked a million times. Info is found way quicker just by LOOKING.

kamlooper said:
Ya well this question has been asked a million times. Info is found way quicker just by LOOKING.

Ya well he is new and so are you. you caught on quicker then he has. you have only been here what 8 days?
you maybe been around the boards and no how things work. But when I have a question I will post it. As he should to Intill he knows whats going on.
So back off on the hole the search is your friend is crap..When it comes to new people that have never been on a chat board.... so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

So mxboy100 post away If you need to no just ask

ZANDOR

Last edited:
my storm has been tuff as nails for me....if i had to do it all over..id buy her again.

Hey kids, never use the search feature. You will make Zandork cry.
Oh I'm so glad I joined here. Whats the average age of the members, 12?

looper chill out, let the mods do their jobs. If they see that a topic has come up too often they will deal with it. There was a thread a few months back that said to let them do their jobs....so let them do it. Until your name is in blue STFU!

Back to the topic......I have a Hyper PCR and its a great buggy, I ran 7 gallons through it last summer and the only thing that broke was one front lower A arm, this thing is tough as nails.

kamlooper said:
Hey kids, never use the search feature. You will make Zandork cry.
Oh I'm so glad I joined here. Whats the average age of the members, 12?
I am always up to help all but if you jump on members here that are new then how does that make them feel after joining. If you feel that this thread is not your flavor there are many more to browse. Zandor is correct on this one. He is been here for quite some time and being a noob is not new to anyone. There is NO need to call another member names just because he is trying to help. Give the Noobs a break. If you must know I am 29 but I still feel like I am 12 when I go bash my rides.

I am going to be 12 again when I get my savage finished too :)

Lets just have fun on the forum! :cheers:

Jon2

All that I forgot to post. I have the PCR PRO and the STORM and the Storm is the weaker of the two BUT GS Racing just came out with the Storm RTR Plus. It has all the things of the Storm Pro had I think. I still would add a few more things. I feel the best OFNA's are the PCR and the PBS versions.

Both are tough as nails and are very potent racers and awesome bashers!!

Last edited:
In this threads future, I see the FFA SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

mxboy100,
It all depends on the $$$, and skill. How much do you have to spend, and can you build a kit?

owned both recently...

sold the PCR RTR to my club's pres and kept the Storm Pro

my advice to you.

buy a hyper PBS RTR

(no slight on the storm, but go w/that OFNA piece)

-Ult

I have a couple of Storms and like them alot and I also have an XRAY and there in different leagues, but there also in different price ranges so it all really comes down how much you want to spend. Also I have heard good and bad on the Ofna's but the one thing everyone seems to say is they are tough.

Last edited:
Alrighty then. Time to explain my actions.
Theres this post HERE in which I gave a good honest reply and advice I thought was completly valid and legit. Then the same person posted again HERE only 2 hours later. So it seemed my reply and advice/opinion was in vain. I thought, why do I even bother, next time I'm just going to tell them to do a search. So I did. But people here couldnt ignore my post telling them to do a search and flamed me for it. Really i think my "search" post was not that bad and whoever was offended should have just ignored it. I can tell you from experience that the search feature is the best way to find information very quicky and learn lots more while your reading. I know this from being a member on many different boards, some not related to r/c.
Obviously I didnt take the flaming too well and shot back. Sorry ZANDOR, vbgagnon,jon2 and nitrotalk.com for my offending posts and replys. I have been into r/c cars since 1980 and have learned a lot. I will share my knowledge to anyone who wants it. But maye my posts wont be as elaborate as the first one above.

Sorry guys, can't we just settle this over a pint? :spit:

kamlooper said:
Alrighty then. Time to explain my actions.
Theres this post HERE in which I gave a good honest reply and advice I thought was completly valid and legit. Then the same person posted again HERE only 2 hours later. So it seemed my reply and advice/opinion was in vain. I thought, why do I even bother, next time I'm just going to tell them to do a search. So I did. But people here couldnt ignore my post telling them to do a search and flamed me for it. Really i think my "search" post was not that bad and whoever was offended should have just ignored it. I can tell you from experience that the search feature is the best way to find information very quicky and learn lots more while your reading. I know this from being a member on many different boards, some not related to r/c.
Obviously I didnt take the flaming too well and shot back. Sorry ZANDOR, vbgagnon,jon2 and nitrotalk.com for my offending posts and replys. I have been into r/c cars since 1980 and have learned a lot. I will share my knowledge to anyone who wants it. But maye my posts wont be as elaborate as the first one above.

Sorry guys, can't we just settle this over a pint? :spit:
Man, Its all good. Everyone has been a Noob at one point right? I am happy to see this post. It takes a strong person to post what you did. I think that you are a better person for this post. I think that everyone wants to help everyone and some see some posts to be repetitive. Helping others to see that RCNT has a lot of features to help them. We will always see that type of Noob here. We just need to be able to help them the best we can and enjoy the site.

I accept your apology. Now lets enjoy the forum and help out as best we can!!!

Take care,

Jon :cheers:

Its all good kamlooper.. your apology is accepted :cheers:

Now lets party were is the strippers

jon2 said:
If you must know I am 29 but I still feel like I am 12 when I go bash my rides.

I am going to be 12 again when I get my savage finished too :)

Lets just have fun on the forum! :cheers:

Jon2

All that I forgot to post. I have the PCR PRO and the STORM and the Storm is the weaker of the two BUT GS Racing just came out with the Storm RTR Plus. It has all the things of the Storm Pro had I think. I still would add a few more things. I feel the best OFNA's are the PCR and the PBS versions.

Both are tough as nails and are very potent racers and awesome bashers!!

I am starting to get that 12 year old feeling, thinking about the new season starting up and finally being able to take my buggy out and let it rip after a long and cold winter :)

The storm is a great buggy, thats what I own. Parts are easy to get and upgrades seem to be cheaper than ofna for the most part. Both are nice choices

Back