GS Racing storm 1/8 scale stalls after glow plug being removed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kloppie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi i have a GS racing nitro rc car i have a problem the car start and idle but the moment i remove the glow plug it stalls
can anyone pls help me☹️

Turn up the idle 1/2 turn.

Welcome to RCT. You probably need a new glow plug. Stalling when you remove the ignitor usually means the glow plug is failing.

Welcome to RCT. You probably need a new glow plug. Stalling when you remove the ignitor usually means the glow plug is failing.
Not necessarily It's a symptom. If he has a new plug then no it's not the problem. A low glow plug ignitor too can cause this symptom too.

I have already replace both that things the glow plug and ignitor and still doing the same thing

Then try turning idle in 1/2 turn in to open carb or close the low needle 1/8 turn in.

Last edited:
Now depending on how you have your idle screw. If you have the idle screw set correctly then the issue would be your low-speed needle.

But if you have your idol set where it's not open and you take the glow plug igniter out and it stalls, you have to mess with either one of the other screw.

This is actually a typical beginner problem and factory ready to run problem. First make sure you have the idle set at the proper factory settings.

If it's still stalls then lean out the low speed and you know just a tiny bit. But if you haven't breaking in your engine , I would say raise the idle screw High just a bit but not High where the clutch is going to engaged and the car will go on its own.

Because doing break-in if you haven't broken your engine you shouldn't be messing with no fuel mixture screws Pagani starting problems mess with the idle screw. But be sure when you tune the engine you have to adjust at idle properly as far as the idol opening.

Back