Grub Screws!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha. Yeah. For me it is a mixed bag 1.5mm or 1/16in on pinion grubs? Same manu. Go figure. Be helpful if in specs for a pinion gear purchase, manus would specify what size tool is need for fastening. Heck. Maybe they don't even know or are unaware? Or, worse yet, don't care? :eek:

I bit the bullet and bought an assortment of metric/USS in hopes of maybe finding a fit when needed?!. :p

Understand the frustration. Hang in there. Cheers. 'AC'

😂What's your reason? My own reason was that i stripped every second grub screw because they're just soo tiny and my tools were 💩
Now that I've gotten "good" tools it has actually never happened to me again

😂What's your reason? My own reason was that i stripped every second grub screw because they're just soo tiny and my tools were 💩
Now that I've gotten "good" tools it has actually never happened to me again
If I don't strip them, they seem to disappear on the garage floor. My overall lack of experience makes it a challenge to find replacements that work. Ugh. I just bought another pinion gear just for the grub screw.
Grub screws are fine just gotta find the ones you like .I found these gs that have teeth in the bottom endges that mke contact with flat spot
Cool. Where do you buy these stateside? A quick google search led me to GS Model Engineers. I assume they are the supplier? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back