Grease replacements?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRX1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I put together a B6 kit recently and of course they give tiny grease packs. I'm looking for something I can use to replace the clear and dark grease that's easier to come by and more in bulk.

I found this clear synthetic grease at harbor freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/85-gram-super-lube-grease-cartridge-93744.html I used it on the shock in place of green slime (didn't have any) and seemed to work ok. I'm thinking this can be used in the diff in place of the associated brand.

What can be used in place of the black grease? Anyone use Mobil one synthetic grease?

I can't say on that one. I've only used the X-gear grease from Kyosho. it's a small amount, but it lasts a long time.

Fisrt, I’m NOT a track racer. That being said; I run Lucas “red n’ tacky” grease in my diffs. It’s a high pressure water proof grease that’s used on semi truck 5th wheel plates. In my shocks I run a blend of assembly fluid and Amsoil 20W-30 synthetic oil.

the grease and assembly fluid can be picked up from any local auto parts store. Both will be in the specialty lubricant area of the store. I can attach pictures if that would help.

Back