Got some new gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Upgrading these Scx10 trucks is very addictive! I have on order a new bumper and a RRP trans gear to match up with the idler gear I also have hanging on the wall. I also just finished a new body and bought some new tow shackles that will go on the bumper. Plus last week I picked up some Hobby Gear scale accessories and a Hitec 5645 servo a couple weeks before that. When I first bought the truck I got a set of MIP axles and the aluminum steering/suspension links.
asy3yzu4.jpg
udasyhuq.jpg
4esagase.jpg
e5u3ezem.jpg
e2a4e4u6.jpg
se8a5ede.jpg
4ebu2yga.jpg
upevy6eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Looks great man. Your front right tire looks a little low, I'd air it up a little, with today's fuel prices, every little bit helps.

Great job man that SD lid looks perfect on there.

Just installed the new bumper, tow shackles and put some RRP gears in the trans
emeduhuh.jpg
azu2ysy9.jpg
ytajagen.jpg
ybyqevuj.jpg
u9e3y9ug.jpg
u5y8u4yh.jpg

Your truck looks real good

That front bumper changed the look a lot I like it!

The list goes on and on with these trucks.
bamysare.jpg
myvy7u5y.jpg
eremyqas.jpg
vy8y7a9e.jpg
hagu7u6y.jpg

Now I want to get a CC link programming card and then an RC4WD rear bumper and the side guards.

Got some Losi Gold 2.75" 1.4 rate springs for my black maxx 100 mm shocks. I also put in some 17.5 weight oil.

Man these springs are killer!!!
dy2ure9a.jpg
u5yrynum.jpg
img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/6aqadezy.jpg[/IMG]
9y8eqazy.jpg
3aneha6e.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 PM ----------

ejumyhev.jpg
upyqe8up.jpg
upasejun.jpg
epasysaz.jpg
2u3emepa.jpg

After checking out you pics I now know what bumper I will be ordering for my bronco. I ripped my Summit bumper off today pulling my bro's wraith up a ledge on the trail today. LOL

Last edited:
You might try some of the Micky Thompson wheels and some Baja Claws for shoes. RC4WD also has rubber mirrors for the Super Duty Tamiya hard body that should work, too.

You might try some of the Micky Thompson wheels and some Baja Claws for shoes. RC4WD also has rubber mirrors for the Super Duty Tamiya hard body that should work, too.

Ya I was actually looking at getting a set of the 1.9 Mickey Thompson Baja claws 4.75". They do look quite a bit taller than the stock Ripsaws but I think I could get away with using them by doing a small amount if trimming on the body. They would be about a 1/2" taller than stock. I might also look into those rubber mirrors. That's a good idea. Axial makes scale plastic mirrors, wiper blades etc but I would think those could snap off pretty easily. This is the combo I'm thinking of...axial wheels just to save on cost for now
qe2yruzu.jpg
pu2uqy4u.jpg

Personally, I'd throw a set of G8 TSL's on there if it were mine. They will be my next tire for sure.

I agree, I had a set of 1.9 TSL's and they were great! Thats what I want to run on the wraith later on.

Looks great, not to rain on your parade but I hated that bumper from RC4WD,, The sheet plating where your lights or winch bolt down to is weaksauce, and the 3 holes punched in the skid plate on it get caught up like mad.. Looks great but the bumper es no bueno..