got off early and bashed the tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMILLER

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
:D:D:D:D:D
well got off early and decided to play wit the maxx a lil well i figured out i could use this old streetbike chasis i had around to make a ramp so i did it well i jumped it once and broke both left rear shocks no biggie shoved just one back in the went back on to bashin well i went to reverse ya i got a 4909 not a 4908 and it made this wierd noise then stopped reversin all together then it did the same thing in drive now it just revs up and goes no where my spur is fine and drive shafts are too what is common in the tranny to cause that will post pics in a few minuts but to see the maxx catch air like that it was worth it even tho it only lasted for like 5 minutes

i do have a steel spur gear and steel center drive shafts

no pics are bad sorry all i got right now is a webcam

oh yeah one more thing my tires never stay glued no matter what i do

Last edited:
didnt feel like messin with it tonight just save it for somethin to do tomo

Try hitting the brakes then pick up the rear end and see if the front wheels roll, if they don't your front diff is ok, now do just the oppisite and if the back wheels don't roll with the brake applied then you know both diffs should be ok because when you apply the brakes you lock up the drive line which is attached to front and rear pinion gears inside the diff housings which turn the ring gears, did you check your slipper clutch if it came loose then it would just sit there and rev. also make sure you are fully engaged in foward some times the T Maxx's have trouble going into gear. Just some ideas...

not hard to work out if its a diff, remove the body, start the engine and watch as
you try and accelerate, same as a car the drive will always go to the place of least resistance, the the front diff is striped you will see the transmission front shaft spining but the car not driving and visversa if the rear diff is stripped, if neither transmission output shaft is turning and the spur gear is then robinson racing gears will be needed for the transmission.

tryed it when i give it gas the only thing that spins is my spur gear i tightned down on the slipper but still nothing messed with forward and reverse for a minute it mush just be something in the tranny my diffs are fine

If you diffs are not bad then it is you main primary gears (forward and reverse) You have teeth riped off so they are not catching they are not high and very easy to install. I have had this happen. Either A They have worn down from alot of use or B you were not all the way in gear and when you reved up the engine you ripped the teeth. That is the only thing left. So give that a try and see what happens

should have got a savage lol:)

tmaxx has gone way harder then that savage will ever you might as well just put spinners and a pink chrysler 300 body on it and sell it to some ricer

Check the clutch

I just had the same thing happen, and it was the clutch. A simple $7.50 fix. You might also check the motor mount to be on the safe side. Mine was broke and it trashed my spur gear and clutch. Hope this helps.