got my parts and am putting it back together. few ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaVaGeR21

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, i got the rest of my parts for the 3 shoe clutch mod and am trying to put it together but have a few problems. the shoe are really loose on the flywheel. has anyone seen a review or a write up on this??I've been searching for about 20 min but not finding nothing.thanks for your help.
savager

Loose as IN and OUT ? The springs should be holding the shoes nice and tight towards the center shaft (IN). Double check your setup. Pics would be helpful as well.

no it stays on good. its just i remember before i took off the stock 2 shoes, i could pull the shoes back and the spring would make it go back to the original place. but now if i pull one of the shoes back, it just stays there. i would have pictures but when i tried to upload them to the website, it said they were too big and i dont know how to make them smaller.

edit: i read what you said wrong. you are right. it is loose and in and out how you said it. sorry about that.

Are they sliding out towards you if you were looking at the end of the crankshaft or are they swinging outward towards the edge of the flywheel? it sounds like you don't have the clutch springs on correctly. The springs should be rather strong and as militarymaxx said, hold them inward against the clutch nut.

I have a very hard time getting my fingers enough grip and enough force to pull a shoe away fom the flywheel nut. I usuualy have to use a small screwdriver. and if I let up any force at all they SNAP right back into place.

I have to agree with everyone else here it MUST be your springs. try to get a pic up.

they are swingin out toward the edge of the flywheel. where are the bottom of the springs suppost to go?? i would get pics but everytime i try to upload them, it says its too big and i dont know how to get it smaller. does anybody else have a good pic?
savager

Edited for content. My e-mail address no longer needed.

-SkyMaxx

Last edited:
thanks sky, i emailed them to you.
savager

After looking at the picture your problem is very clear and easy to fix. You have installed your springs in the wrong manner. If you want, PM me your phone number and I'll call and talk you through fixing it. Aside from that, it may take me a bit to write down clearly what you need to do to fix the issue.

Savager21, got your e-mail and your PM. I returned your e-mail with an image showing what the spring should look like. How you get it there is up to you.

i need a pic also my spring dont pull the shoes in towards the flywheel nut

Back