Got my 1st BooBoo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was running my revo today and didnt notice it til after the fact but i have a bent push rod...

heres my question...

what is a good list of spares to keep on hand? ... i mean regular items i should pre order so i have them ... also ... does anyone make better parts for the revo suspension? i got the RPM front arms but havent
installed them yet but i mean like the drive shafts and apparently the pushrods... these factory drive shafts are plastic... what is the best suspension hop ups i should do? and who do i get them from?

oh and apparently krazy glue is not the same glue used to glue tires...lol... i read somewhere that super glue was the same. I had 1 tire that kept coming off the rim, i glued it and it dried overnight but the only thing that it really did was discolor the chrome rim ... the tire came off again...lol

If you're just bashing your Revo, you can straighten those bent rods. Put a 2x4 under them and beat them straight with a hammer. Good as new for a basher. They do make upgrade ones but they will eventually bend too.

the actual rod isnt bent... its almost like a factory defect... it bent where the metal shaft connects to the end cap that screws into the rocker mount... almost as if the thing was stripped out when installing it... i just noticed it so i dont know if i did it or it was already like that... i have been kinda hard on this truck... but it is so damn fun not to... but who makes the best quality parts available... i understand that I'm gonna break stuff, replace stuff, and generally wear stuff out... what should i keep on hand for spares and what is the hardiest suspension parts available?

About the only extra parts I ever kept on hand were glow plugs and body clips. The thing is sturdy that I rarely broke anything big other than the reverse. I added the center diff/rear brake upgrades and never had another tranny problem.

For the tires I would pick up a bottle of decent CA glue from the hobby shop.

that sounds comforting.... i was thinking the suspension would go... glow plugs are a given... body clips ... i see... how the hell do these things go though??? they are so hard to clip on and off but i see that they do vanish... "like a fart in the wind" and i do have some extras... i am more impressed so far with this new toy than i originally thoguht i would be... and i havent even "really" started bashing it... I've just run it up and down the street.... almost wasted it yestersay racing my neighbors truck down the street by turning it under his f350... luckily i was able to get it out before he ran it over...

@ nitrostoned.... nice pic... whats that an 1980??? i had the 79 TA with the shaker... 455... a 70 formula 455 firebird... 73 firebird 400 with the snorkle fiberglass hood... .... nice pic though... go pontiac... i have gone ford now... used to have a lot of pontiacs... would love to line my ,mark viii up with you now.... just for fun... lol... but.... but... i wouldnt want to embarrass you in such a cool ride... lol.... gimme a month on the controls and ill race my basher... lol....

CA glue... i got side tracked.... pontiac man.... i read somewhere that CA glue was the same as super glue.... but super glue package didnt say rubber... crazy glue did... and it didnt work

why are the green ones 1/2 price? is it only the color choice?

why wouldnt they make purple or pink ones for 1/4 the price??? if they are all the same...lol

@ nitrostoned.... nice pic... whats that an 1980??? i had the 79 TA with the shaker... 455... a 70 formula 455 firebird... 73 firebird 400 with the snorkle fiberglass hood... .... nice pic though... go pontiac... i have gone ford now... used to have a lot of pontiacs... would love to line my ,mark viii up with you now.... just for fun... lol... but.... but... i wouldnt want to embarrass you in such a cool ride... lol.... gimme a month on the controls and ill race my basher... lol....

CA glue... i got side tracked.... pontiac man.... i read somewhere that CA glue was the same as super glue.... but super glue package didnt say rubber... crazy glue did... and it didnt work

Another Pontiac Man! Its A 1979 gold/10th anniversary edition. It has a 461 that I built. Turbo 400 3 speed. Holly 800cfm doublepumper. Edlebrock performer rpm intake manifold. Daul 2.5" Flowmaster's. 3.73 rear gears. American Racing Torque Thrust II wheels. It is instant POWER! The only set backs are it needs 110 octane or theres detonation and my shaker is not hooked up. I have it mounted to the hood. We should race, never raced a ford. Mostly Mopars.

another way to keep your body clips is take some fuel line poke hole in the ends and put your clips through it then clip them in. I went through 50 clips and did this and haven't lost one since. Also i keep fuel tank o rings on hand I've had my revo for a year now and been through 5 or so.

Another Pontiac Man! Its A 1979 gold/10th anniversary edition. It has a 461 that I built. Turbo 400 3 speed. Holly 800cfm doublepumper. Edlebrock performer rpm intake manifold. Daul 2.5" Flowmaster's. 3.73 rear gears. American Racing Torque Thrust II wheels. It is instant POWER! The only set backs are it needs 110 octane or theres detonation and my shaker is not hooked up. I have it mounted to the hood. We should race, never raced a ford. Mostly Mopars.

WOW... With all that youd take my lincoln... its a 94 mark viii its still factory but was 280 hp when it came out. same motor as went into the cobra mustangs. It still a driver but i hope to do it up one day.

I miss that 70 formula 455... i had that at 19 and sold it for 2k back in the late 80s... i wish i could find that car today. 455 /400 ... had the 160 mph with i believe 8k tach in the dash. fiber glass snorkle hood but the ram air wasn't there. and honey comb rims... that was a factory race car off the lot.

Back