GOODBYE wraith! Hello rock buggy;)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Proud to announce that i will be doing away with the old wraith look! Just ordered this rock buggy on the right (bombshell buggy) for $500 and will be built within 7 weeks. this hobby is going to go towards a whole other level for me. I will have so much tied into this thing when its done i could practically live in it! super excited!
DSC_0630_2-XL.jpg
98B63B20-0056-4820-9242-1AE92C3C0F73.jpg

wow that tube work is sexy!!! i just learned how to braze and man thats art can't wait to see how you build it up

you have a parts list yet?

hamz, thats next after this chassis pruchase:) I'm gonna order vanquish curries with beef tubes. also gonna convert the rear to 4w steering also. Probably do a custom servo mount mounted on the back of the axle so its hidden and doesn't cause clearance issues. OH AND i got a scale lsx motor ordered that fits my motor and esc in it and even has a scale tranny that looks just like an actual tranny with transfercase. all 100% functioning

this is going to be a VERY in depth build with TONS of fabrication. can't wait to get this chassis. might take about 6 months to get the project finished... a LOT to do here

Thats going to be AWESOME!
I think I'll make a build video also if others want to build one and show everything I'm doing. There will be pictures every step of the way here! I don't know if you guys are as interested in this as I am but stay posted for more! This is going to be a 1 of a kind for sure.

You've got to do a build thread once you get started. That frame is amazing looking!

Oh I will, you guys will be annoyed by the time I'm done lol

there will always be pics to be drooled on :) I'm gonna be emailing the owner of this rock bouncer once i get it built and see if i could get a shot of the two together. ill pay for everything just to get next to that brute lol

PARTS LIST WOOOOO!!!!
Gear Head RC 2.2 Five Star EZ-Loc Beadlock Wheels
Carbon Fiber front axle truss with rear servo mount
Carbon fiber rear truss
Vanquish curries(front/Rear)
I just ordered these as i type here.
I have everything else i need on my wraith right now and ill be making my own interior myself.
Oh and I'm gonna hide my receiver in a fuel cell compartment to look as scale as possible:) No electronics will be showing once I'm done here >:) Lets hope my wife stays with me though, this could get bad!
EDIT: Parts i currently own
Tekin RX8 gen 2
Tekin pro 4 hd 4300kv sensored
vanquish titanium links and steering links
proline tsl sx super swampers
hot racing internal tranny gears
MIP drive shafts
axial universals
RC4WD 120mm Kings
...I dont know if i missed anything

already got 80 in them:)

Finally paid off my rock bouncer chassis! 465 bucks down. Got my black wraith currie axles installed on my wraith ;D another 320 bucks down! So now I just have new rims and shocks to order. Should only be 230 bucks for those and all I have to do now is wait on the chassis to be built!

I changed my order to this Riot Buggy at the last moment for 2.2 spec wraith plate. This will be the first one of these he has built so id say that being said there will be harder work going into it

maxresdefault.jpg
0.jpg

tim graham from emeryworx. I'm sure you know of him

Back