Good .15 pull start replacement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infernoprime

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I purchased a RC Nitro car a long time ago off eBay from Acme Racing. Yes, I know it is not a top brand like Traxxas but I did not have $300 to spend. And it's served me well but I need to find a 1/10 .15 replacement for the pull start. Would anyone know of any on amazon or another less expensive place?

If there is anymore info I can give that would help please let me know.

Last edited:
show us a picture of the back plate and maybe dimensions of the backplate would help too

show us a picture of the back plate and maybe dimensions of the backplate would help too
Could you explain a little more on what the backplate is? Do you mean the label on the backside of the pull start?

Last edited:
Could you explain a little more on what the backplate is?
If you take the pull start off ( should be 4 screws ) you might see this with or without the hex ( the hex connect the crankshaft to the pullstart ) the black plate is the black plastic bit

20221006_184025.jpg

If you take the pull start off ( should be 4 screws ) you might see this with or without the hex ( the hex connect the crankshaft to the pullstart ) the black plate is the black plastic bit

View attachment 153713
So your saying the backplate in your picture is the black plastic bit that the hex nut is on?

One of the most important things is to know what type of exhaust port you will need!
Side port or rear port exhaust & carb ,slide carb or rotary!..;)

Here are the pictures I promised.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

Traxxas has a 2.5 and 3.3. Both are the same engine just different piston. They share the same starter. The 2.5 is a .15, the 3.3 a .20. Traxxas other motor, pro .15 is also a .15 but no parts besides screws fit.

Thats why I said the specs are listed. They show the screw measurments. Use a ruler or calipers and check. If its the same bolt pattern, it should work. You may need a new one way and may need to check chassis clearence if its in a tight area.

Any recommendations on where I can learn more on nitro engines in general ?

PS I will post back if I have any more questions after getting the new parts.