Gonna Quit Upgrading

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm gonna quit upgrading for awhile. I have a 6" lift kit I want for my Jeep and I have been upgrading too much too fast on my T so I am vowing to quit upgrading my T in favor of upgrading my Jeep for Off Road. Wish me luck saving 700 bones.

6" lift! Is that a 4" suspension lift AND a 2" body lift? Forgive me if it sounds ignorant, but's it's been many years since I've lifted anything. If you do that, don't roll it!!

Before getting ym 6" lift on my CJ-7 one of my girlfriends rolled it while I was giving her a driving lesson. I told her it was alright because there was little to no damage (bless the fact it rolled in some soft jungle). Immediately after forgiving her she became obsessed with finding a lost cassette tape that was lost in the roll (I thought that it was bad form on her part to be worried about a tape after rolling my Jeep). A few months later I added a 6" suspension lift and it never ended on it's top again no matter how hard I bashed it.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't rolled it again. And, can I also assume that she no longer holds the title of "One of my girlfriends"?;) Did she find the tape? I'm sure she offered to pay for any damages she caused. (She seems like the sensitive type:rolleyes: )

Have fun with it!!

Naw she never found the tape nor offered to pay for the damages (I couldn't have cared about the damages since there were little to none done). I did learn a valuable lesson, never give a person a driving lesson on a gravel road and never, never, never, let them go past 2nd gear if you do!

And dont forget keep the cassetts where they wont fall out. At least you did not get hert.

Disregard previous title! I just sold my last remaining paintball gun for $1100 so I can afford the $700 I was planning on spending to lift my Jeep and I still have an additional $400 to upgrade my T-Maxx. Cool Beans!

Welcome back. We'll help you spend that $700 before the lift kit is installed!! I'm thinking SuperMaxx!!

Originally posted by Fett
Welcome back. We'll help you spend that $700 before the lift kit is installed!! I'm thinking SuperMaxx!!
I never left. I was just going to quit upgrading my t-maxx. Now I have the $700 I needed for my lift kit as well as an additional $400 to spend on my T-maxx. The money I was planning on saving for my lift kit can now be used for upgrading my t-maxx piece by piece. Lookout E-Bay, I'm coming!

Now I have the $700 I needed for my lift kit as well as an additional $400 to spend on my T-maxx.

Not to be a wet blanket or anything BUT wont ya need some 35's to fill the wheel well's after that 6In lift?:D Humm $400 would just about buy them.:D Sorry I will keep my mouth shut.

I already thought about that and I am going to wait for a few months since I got new shoes this time last year. Probably this time next year I'll get a new pair of shoes, SS TSL Boggers 35X14.5R15's.

Nice choice of shoes.I just bought some 33x12,5 BFG MT's for mine 4 days ago. But I only have 3 in lift.

30X9.5R15's BFG MT's. Good choice in tires. I would have gotten swampers but I needed shoes that day rather than waiting a week for them to come in.

Back