going to be replaceing my clutch on my lst

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you tried it ? how much is it ?

I have been running a Buku for 5 months in my Kyosho ST-RR truggy and it is awesome! I race every weekend and I am still on the original clutch bearings. I did replace the shoes 1 time.

Lee

I personally never ran one, it was on my list for my savage, since I had read nothing but good things about it. As long as it was setup properly many agreed it was a top notch product. I just dont see paying $50 for the werks which has the aluminum shoes, when you can get an externally adjustable clutch with composite shoes that really do make a difference for just $25 more. Unfortunately before I could purchase it I decided to dump nitro and go brushless, and sold off my savage.

+1 below... no one says you have to spend a ton on your clutch, just figured you wanted something a bit higher end if you were looking at a werks 4 shoe clutch.

Last edited:
I ran the integy 3 shoe aluminum setup on my LST. It worked great.

That's the only thing integy I would run though.

I'm in the process of switching my Clutches over to the Acsendancy Racing Clutch. After seeing on IRL I was so impressed with how easy it was to work on I did Some reading up on them and they are highly tunable. Lots of different tuning options available. More than I've seen for any other clutch (not that I'm overly experienced with clutches or anything) The Werks Clutch looks like its the same basic design as the Ascendancy, I dont know how many tuning options it comes with though. The Ascendancy is about the same price as the Werks one.

I run the BUKU on my .28 buggy engine and love it. I do plan on ordering a set of their heavy composite shoes in place of the standard aluminum that came with it. Only because i dont like the fact of the aluminum mushrooming and having to be occasionally cleaned up. But after several months I've only had to clean them once. Still its a great set up and very user friendly as far as adjustability and tuning to your liking.

Back