go to the newer 3.3 trans and close ratio or single speed on 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon4u2nv

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Wondering How you guys and gals like the single speed conversion for the Maxx.

Also if i decide against that i am thinking about going to the 3.3 trans and doing the revo close ratio (that from a revo plat. ed).

This is mostly a track truck...dont really do much bashing...if i do that i'll build something diff. but i prefer the track and i just tune and stuff on the pavment (live in an apartment now)

my truck has a normal 2.5 in it but i have a brand new 2.5R that i'm going to toss in it that's unopend...picked it up for 60 bux. Eventually i may go with the Picco 26Maxx or the 26Maxx Red Dot..but i will have fun with the 2.5R for now and get my 1/8 Buggy or Truggy first before i'de go to the Picco.

I had single speed

I am just a basher but I got a 2.5 off craigslist a couple weeks ago. It has the single speed in it which rips pretty good. Well not any more, it was a doner truck for some parts including the tranny I needed to try out my new big block xtm conversion truck. That was a mistake. Axial .28 melted her down. Now I am going to try the new 3.3 tranny I got a deal on. I see robinson steel gears in that trucks future. Good luck.

yeah, working on doing the FOC out of the new 3.3 T-maxx with steel gears and a close ratio 2 speed...those b.b. kits usually have to have steel gears lol...i dont know if i'll go any bigger than the 2.5R for awhile..i'll eventually get a Picc 26Maxx Red Dot mid block..but that's a long ways off..she's starting to come around nicely with the small block on the track.

I have the 3.3 T-maxx and it's pretty awesome. Takes off fast, maintains control, considering who's driving and just seems to be well adjusted. I can't compare, of course, but I think the 3.3 is a good choice.

Back