Glue not sticking to rim.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.21Rc10GT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello again,

I was trying to glue my new Maxx paddles to some rpm rims so i did one side and let it dry over night. Well the next morning i pulled on the outside to see if it glued and it just pulled right off. Do i need to wash the rims and tires before gluing? If so, will soap and water work? It looks like the glue stuck to the rubber and not the plastic. Help? :hammer:

Are they chrome plated? If so you need to remove the plating to where the glue will stick to. If not, I recommend sanding the same area to let the glue stick better.

Yeah, what he said. Sand the area where the bead will be glue, then wash it good. I like to wipe mine down with denatured alcohol where the bead goes, it will remove any residue left on the rims from the mold release, and give a good clean surface to glue too. I also like to use a heavy ca for glueing tires.

I also prefer the thicker CA Glue. It cures slow. That way you won't be screwed if you don't get the tire on right. Thinner CA's dry fast and aren't too forgiving when you screw up.

Yeah, Jon's right, Thick CA is what I like to use too, It gives you that time if you mess up to wipe up or aim at a different spot. :cheers:

Another thing that will remove residue plus the silver/chrome paint is nail polish remover I use it somtime on my diecast cars that I customize, just be carefull not to get it on the rest of your rims it will take the chrome right off, and make sure it is completley dry before adding the glue so your sure the glue stick good.

Back