Glow plug loosens when engine gets warm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon1355

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi dears
i just broke in force 28 engine after i replaced internal parts with new ones , the issue is as i run the car for a while with full throttle and it gets too 100 c degree i see steams over the engine and after checking the car i have to fasten the glow plug again.
have to say the glow plugs are fastening at the begining prperly and there is no way to get it tighter !

Is there a compression washer with the glow plug? If not, that might be your issue.
sku_234890_1.jpg

Is there a compression washer with the glow plug? If not, that might be your issue.
sku_234890_1.jpg
thanks dear rolex yes i am using brand new ones with the washer but it still gets loose when the engine gets warm

My only guess would be that you're not tightening it enough. You don't just spin it into place, but you need to put enough tension on it to compress the washer for a tight and airtight seal.

You stated that you re-built the engine. Do you check the threads on the head button, or replace it?

You stated that you re-built the engine. Do you check the threads on the head button, or replace it?
You know, I missed that. I thought this was a new engine.
Now that I've gotten that clear, I agree with the post above and think the threads may be worn on the button.

Back