Glow plug igniter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooksy89

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How much should a glow plug glow? Should it be really bright or just glow a little? Probley seems like a stupid question lol

Outside in the noontime sun, you can hardly see it. Inside in a dark room at night and it will glow very bright.

As long as it glows bright enough under compression while being fed air/fuel enough that it starts the engine, that all the glow you need.

I just swapped from the blue wire to glow plug igniter and it still seems to have the same problem thought maybe it wasn't charged enough or maybe my plugs had it

Buy a few new plugs, can never have too many spares, I also keep a spare igniter

I just swapped from the blue wire to glow plug igniter and it still seems to have the same problem thought maybe it wasn't charged enough or maybe my plugs had it

Low charge or bad plug or combo of both will cause issues.

Like hotrodrob says, get some spares. Murphy's Law always applies to glow plugs. When you want to run your nitro and have no spare plugs, the one in the engines finds that to be the perfect time to foul out.

Back