Glo PLug problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i went to the hobby shop today and picked up a few more things before i break in my OS. I got a motorsaver and the pre-filter. Let me say it again I'm sooo f***in tired of the stoned out dumb asses at the hobby shop. Any way i went to get a couple of MC-59 glo plugs for my trx and my dynamite runs on them and the kid goes hey you can't put that on a os you know. Is this true i have to buy some special plug for this thing the plug that came with it shure looks like a MC-59. And he said this is why my trx died so quick he said it makes the engin run to hot.:spit: I was like what ever just shut up and ring me up. But is this true i have to run some kinda short plug in my OS. If so this sucks becaus there alot more than the thunderbolts and the mcs I've been buying. Thanks alot for your time.

Bryson

P.S. Please post back because I'm about to start breakin and reallly dont want to screw up my new mill!

Last edited:
Tell your LHS to tell that to all the users that are running that plug on the same mill. I see no reason why it will not work.

So Jon you think it will be ok to run the MC-59 on my OS.18tm. THanks

Bryson

Bryson, I am going to run my NIB 18TM and used 18TM this weekend.I will use that same plug. I am sure you will have no problem.But just to ruell all doubt, I will let you know.

Jon

Cool i started to sweat for a minute. LOL.

The LC3 plug is what the .18TM comes with. It is a long reach plug just like the MC-59.

If I had a .18TM, the MC-59 is what I would use.

Man I'm done with this hobby shop. There used to be a really cool guy there and he quit and now its nothing but crack head stoners. He said that it was a high heat plug and that i need a cool plug. O well I'm done with this hobby shop but i think i will go back one more time because the mc-59 is only 3.99 there right now.

Bryson

The MC-59 is a hot plug. So is the LC3. Most all .15-.18 mills I know of run best on a hot plug.

Thats what i though. Every engin that i have runs on them so idk. This guy was on something lol. I'm just glad i didnt buy the os cold short plug he wanted me to get. That would have been a waste of money.

Bryson

Man I'm done with this hobby shop. There used to be a really cool guy there and he quit and now its nothing but crack head stoners. He said that it was a high heat plug and that i need a cool plug. O well I'm done with this hobby shop but i think i will go back one more time because the mc-59 is only 3.99 there right now.

Bryson

WTH? A COOL PLUG? I have tried a cool plug and it doesn't work well. A medium plug rarely but I can't see a cool plug working. I have use a cold plug on an old OS12 TR but that was a turbo plug with 30% nitro.

This kid sounds like he is stretching or BS'ing. Either way he is WRONG.

I'm just glad i didnt buy the os cold short plug he wanted me to get.

Cripes. The exact opposite in every way to what you need.

At least he didn't try to sell you a turbo plug.

does that MC-59 run nice in the TRX 2.5R too? i have that old mill still... /sigh

for future reference, when i get my RB TM-323 will the MC-59 work well in that too? or would a MC-8 be better? for that matter, i guess what plug would match that engine the best? thanks.

Thats what i though. Every engin that i have runs on them so idk. This guy was on something lol. I'm just glad i didnt buy the os cold short plug he wanted me to get. That would have been a waste of money.

Bryson

I run ALL of my engines (OS 18TM ,TRX 3.3, Picco .26) on the MC 59...per the suggestion of several gurus here......it is a great plug....the LHS Dude was hitting the green.;) I like the plug so much I bought a whole card of them.

Plug up my friend and BURN NITRO!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I'm saying there all on the hash! The mc-59 is a great plug and if i had a couple more greenbacks in my pockett id buy a few more just to have onhand. Even my .12 says to run on them. can't wait to fire that babby up.

Bryson.