Getting the slash and rustler ready for spring break Vaca

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Getting the slash and rustler ready for spring break Vaca. We are going down to Busch Gardens for 3 nights (2 days at the park) (Williamsburg VA location)

Since I stripped wheel hexes on the slash six pack SCTs, I am doing the MT tires on the rear and the six pack on the fronts. I am doing the same with the rustler but with anacondas outfront. I am doing this so I can go through the grass. I am bringing the rest of the anaconda street tires just in case. Bringing all my tools, batteries and charger stuff. Bringing a back of spare parts as well.

With the slash I changed out the front bearings in the hubs and rised the body mounts for the larger tires in the rear. I am running 20/86 gearing so hopefully I don't strip the plastic spur and hopefully I don't overheat the motor since that is the only pinion I have (for the motor, 5mm bore/shaft)

With the rustler I changed the front bearings in the hubs, and I noticed that one of the front axles were bent and I had 1 extra so I replaced that. I am running 16/86 gearing so it should be fine with motor heat, lowest I have is a 14 but the 14 does not fit with the motor mounts. (Too small of a gear) I am running a full steel spur so I shouldn't have any problems. In the last with running MT 2.8 tires, I strip Plastic spur gears.

There is a park near where we are staying. And the resort we are staying at has alot of ground and walkways. Also I changed out my radio batteries (6 AAs) Should be fun bashing.

PXL_20230402_191156492.jpg

PXL_20230402_191215100.jpg

Back