Getting A T-maxx !!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TINY_MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm getting a T in a month or so !! What should i get for my first hop-ups ?? What parts should i replace if they are really bad !!??!!I'll send pics when i get it !!!

A better air filter, and inline fuel filter, and the rest I leave up to those who have a 2.5 T-Maxx...I have upgraded just about everything on my old Maxx. Give consideration to a stronger steering servo and better gears (spur and so forth).

And a throttle return spring is always a good upgrade on any nitro car/truck.

For the new Maxx, Your Shocks will be the first to go, a stronger steering servo, and a fuel filter.

The air filter on the new Maxx is a good one. Just see what brakes and upgrade as you need to.

YES Matts its true in some parts of the contry like CA.

The wonders never cease...

I broke the suspension on my new maxx. I think I'll be getting Proline upgrades since Traxxas part aren't available.
And like Eddy said, the shocks are the first problem. I've pulled the top cap threads apart on three of them already. I'm totally new to r/c and nitro so I'm a horrible driver. That's part of my problem.

Shortman...Not really, the stock shocks are kind of weak on the construction side...any driver who uses their Maxx to its full potential is likely to destroy the stock shocks and require an upgrade. I replaced my shocks within a week or two of purchasing my Maxx due to blown caps from hard landings after major air....I am even looking to upgrade the set I have to Progressive's kit, because although I am happy with my Associated Engineering set I am still not getting the absolute best performance I can...

I hate to dispute squidley didley but the stock shocks are not kinda weak, they absolutely suck! If all you are planning is a little road driving then the shocks should do fine for your but if you have any intent of beating your toy a little then different set of shocks is in order.

You are not disputing anything, but once again backing up what I said. I just chose not to come out and say that they suck; because they are adequate for a novice driver who has no intent on hardcore offroad driving. As I said,
any driver who uses their Maxx to its full potential is likely to destroy the stock shocks and require an upgrade.

Pirata have your eyes checked and RTFP (the entire post)...:D

RTFP...Read the f'n post