Get Mine Friday!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just HAD TO HAVE IT! I pick up my Savage on Friday!

For all the reviews I read, the only thing it wont do out of the box is wheelies and I may need to get a higher torque steering servo. Thats it. And as far as the wheelies, well, if I can keep all the power on the ground, then I am a happy man!

Ill keep everyone posted!

Being as there is a boatload of snow already falling and on the ground, I may not be able to give it a fair review until the spring. But hey, it will be fun none the less!

-Chris

Are we turning into a Savage Nation?:D
Just think, You will get yours before Woodie get his.:eek:

Ah being from Cali I am sure you know about the savage Nation ;)

Originally posted by x_789
Ah being from Cali I am sure you know about the savage Nation ;)

If your going to say it, say it right.

"Thavage Nathion"
And you said you were coming to visit when?

Originally posted by FastEddy
Are we turning into a Savage Nation?:D
Just think, You will get yours before Woodie get his.:eek:

Well I thought I would have mine by now, but so far its not looking good. I guess with any kind of luck I might have it next week.

-WoodiE

Welp - stopped by the LHS today (just like every other day) and guess what????

I GOT IT TODAY! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Can someone say, Sick, Badass, MuchoBalls, BIG BIG BIG, Slammin, Holy Cow, Freakin Awesome, BDS ??????

These are shocks, these are pogo sticks for a bull!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ok this may be premature like most of Ed Nightimte activities but is it the machine to dethrown the MAXX. I mean sooner or later its gonna happen is this it. X

Great! Now take some measurments and send me the pics:D

Great, good to here!

Well at fir look, you would think of something along the lines of the Mad Force. But, once you pick this thing up, the words, STRONG and DURRABLE are the first to come to mind. HPI really got it together when they built this thing.

Suspension Travel and shocks = AMAZING!
Drop test results were about 3 foot dead drop before close to bottoming (shocks are soft out of the box)
Under those plastic skids are alum skids
They use a lot of alum throughout, from hinge pin braces to builkhead braces, and its THICK!
Electrics are VERY WELL protected from the elements since they are enclosed.
Comes with a 4 Channel RX
All Steel gears in the tranny
All steel diff gears
100% Rubber sealed bearrings throughout

There is one add-on option for reverse if you want to buy it and the radio that comes with it already supports it.

You can use any Maxx Body as well as any TMaxx Rims and Tires. But I would have to say this thing warrants a set of Big Joe 40's all the way around!

Until I get it broken in, I wont be able to say how it performs in comparrison to the Maxx. But, I can say I am 100% certain it is going to be the 'next best thing' on the block.

I can't reitterate enough on how SOLID this thing was built. I'm VERY impressed so far. Weather willing, I can begin breaking the STOCK .21 in ;)

I'm in love!

You have had it for more than an hour and its not broke in yet?
What’s up with that?
I don’t care if it’s dark and snowing. If you were half a man you would be out doing your job.

Jezz, Kids these days.

Eddy you have a point....Chris I expect a 5 page review on this thing by 11pm! :D

-WoodiE

GREAT! Initial review sounds impressive. Looking forward to hearing more. Starting to salivate with thoughts of buying one for myself.

Back