Genesys In-Flight Power System on a Savage XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMVance

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Have any of you installed the Sullivan Genesys In-Flight Power System http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=002229441&I=LXFV20&P=K on your Savage or Savage XL? I have read some good reviews of this little generator. Although it is made for Nitro planes, looks like it could mount in front of the spur gear between the spring and the gear.

If it works like it says, it seems as though I could run my Savage all day without worrying about the receiver battery pack dying.

I have one ordered for my Hobbico NexStar trainer plane that is scheduled for UPS delivery today. If it works as promised on my plane, I am going to order another for my Savage.

I'll let you know how it works out.

so your going to spend 160 bucks so it will recharge your receiver pack?

i charge mine and it will last all day long
if yours does not last long maybe you should spend 25 bucks and get a new battery

your money do what you want
just my 2 cents

so your going to spend 160 bucks so it will recharge your receiver pack?

i charge mine and it will last all day long
if yours does not last long maybe you should spend 25 bucks and get a new battery

your money do what you want
just my 2 cents

+1

Its a cool idea no doubt but not cost effective at all.

Actually, if it kicks out enough amperage, you could use it to run without a battery pack. However, I doubt that it pushes that much out.

Actually, if it kicks out enough amperage, you could use it to run without a battery pack. However, I doubt that it pushes that much out.

yea.. except for the part where it says that is only works at a fast idle or faster. if you stop, you loose your electronics.

I like the idea, novelty? yes. interesting? yes!

Made for airplanes that have numerous servos running constantly. Often in a redundant system that has 2 of everything. Large airplanes run big servos for retracts, ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder, and often lights.
It's there to guarantee that you'll still have the full power in your battery to lower your flaps and landing gear at any time.

Back