gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachbug

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
would someone give me some info on how to gear my revo lik suck as wat set up is better for top end and wat would be better for low end if that makes since thanks :)

I run a 15 tooth clutchbell and a 40 tooth spur and it has plenty of bottom end and mid range.

ok another q wat would u run for more top end ?

---------- Post added at 9:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:55 PM ----------

if i go with a 19t clutch bell an a 40t spear wat i thank that will do wat I'm getting at i need more top end lol my old man is kicken my a$$ with his brushless stampede 2 wd

Lower the spur number = higher speed . . . 36 high speed / 40 low speed
Higher the bell number = higher the speed 17 high speed / 14 low speed

So:-
40/15 will get upto speed quicker, but the top speed will be lower
36/17 will get upto speed slower, but have a higher top speed

I run
- 40/16 bashing
- 36/17 open carpark

40/17 would have my front wheels up from a standing start on high grip surfaces
36/17 it would not lift the front wheels = laboured down a little bit on take off

(modded 3.3 engine with pipe etc)

You probably are just gonna have to get used to getting your but kicked by a brushless rig my friend. Sorry to admit it myself being a nitro freak but these brushless motors are some bad asses now days! Your advantage is only gonna be to throw some turns and jumps in the race and out drive him. Also when his batteries die and he can't run anymore till they recharge just keep putting fuel in yours and make him watch you keep bashing. LOL

thanks for the help punisher i have the picco max ill try try the differnt set ups for sure thanks

---------- Post added at 5:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:12 PM ----------

lol i hear ya zdragon i might have a chance cause his front tires lik to go to the sky lol

thanks for the help punisher i have the picco max ill try try the differnt set ups for sure thanks

---------- Post added at 5:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:12 PM ----------

lol i hear ya zdragon i might have a chance cause his front tires lik to go to the sky lol

Run 36/17 with ya Picco mate - she will run that all day long without any issues. :first_place:

Run 36/17 with ya Picco mate - she will run that all day long without any issues. :first_place:

This is what I'm running with my Revo picco max. Crazy speed and wheelies on command. She runs perfectly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with 17/36 as long as your not running the 2.5R. If you have anything larger than that engine it should be fine. I tried that combo in my 2.5 revo and it was too tall and would not stretch out top end. So i went back to the 15/40. Soon as i get the new carb on my .19T and get her running again I'm going to try the 17/36 again and see how she runs.