Gearing down Revo 3.3 for larger tires.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for advice on what the best spur gear/pinion gear combo would be for my Revo 3.3. Factory tires are those Traxxas Talons size 5.75x3.8-3.8. My new tires are the Traxxas Talon EXT’s that are actually a little narrower at 3.5 inches but they are 6.4 inches on the same size 3.8 inch wheels.

The optional spur gears available are a 36T and a 40T with a 38T as standard and for pinion options, there’s a 15, a 16 and a 17T with the 14T as standard. I’ve never changed the gears so what would work best? Sure, top speed is nice but if it’s too speed is a little less that 45, that’s fine, I just want pretty much my stock gear ratio back now that I have these taller tires. Oh and I don’t have the 3.3 motor anymore, I have the OS21TM motor.
Thanks.
On my tmaxx3.3 I up graded to 17 mm hex so my tires are bigger than stock so I changed my spur gear from 23t to 19t and I changed my pinion from 58t to 63t and that gave me the bottom end power and I'm still happy with my top end. but that's on a tmaxx but I should be able to do the same to ur Revo3.3.

On my tmaxx3.3 I up graded to 17 mm hex so my tires are bigger than stock so I changed my spur gear from 23t to 19t and I changed my pinion from 58t to 63t and that gave me the bottom end power and I'm still happy with my top end. but that's on a tmaxx but I should be able to do the same to ur Revo3.3.
Not to be a di*k but you put a 19t pinon and a 68t spur gear.👍👍 you got it the other way around might confuse some people...

Back