Gasoline powered

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Ben 521

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Well I tried to run my boat for the first time today and it will not start
As you can see a little bit that there is a red wire that is connected to another red wire but there is also a black wire coming from the same box but it's not connected to anything it just lies there.
Is there by chance a on and off switch that I'm not seeing thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-225616_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-225616_Gallery.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
Well I tried to run my boat for the first time today and it will not start
As you can see a little bit that there is a red wire that is connected to another red wire but there is also a black wire coming from the same box but it's not connected to anything it just lies there.
Is there by chance a on and off switch that I'm not seeing thanks

Not sure what radio set up you have ,but some do have a fail safe an that may have an on
board kill switch that can be remotely kill the engine in case of an emergency!

If you want to test ,just simply pull the spark plug an plug the coil wire back on an hold
the plug against the block an give the starter a pull to see if you have spark to the plug ,
if so ,then everything works ,if not ,then it may have some kind of safety devise on it ,
make sure that it is getting juice to that wire that goes to the devise & the switch is wired
correctly ,an always make sure all radio gear is on an working before you start the engine!.. :thumbs-up:

For stopping the engine, the black lead wire from the coil should be grounded to the engine body, or the throttle valve should be closed completely.

Is there an engine kill switch on the boat? The black wire should go to that.

Not sure what radio set up you have ,but some do have a fail safe an that may have an on
board kill switch that can be remotely kill the engine in case of an emergency!

If you want to test ,just simply pull the spark plug an plug the coil wire back on an hold
the plug against the block an give the starter a pull to see if you have spark to the plug ,
if so ,then everything works ,if not ,then it may have some kind of safety devise on it ,
make sure that it is getting juice to that wire that goes to the devise & the switch is wired
correctly ,an always make sure all radio gear is on an working before you start the engine!.. :thumbs-up:
I have done that but no spark

All it is is an active circuit ground wire that is grounding the coil to the
block keeping the coil dead ,disconnect it ,an the engine should fire ,
but you wont have a fail safe!..:thumbs-up:
The black wire doesn't connect to anything it just there it has a small rubber tube that it is covered at the end of the wire

Does the black wire come out of the same box as the plug wire?
If so connect the black wire to the engine case and try it. It is the ground for the ignition circuit that grounds the spark plug base.

eng-L.png

You are expecting a lot from one tiny pic, What kind brand/model boat is it? What engine?