Gasoline powered HPI Savage XL Octane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XL Octane

There still showing up for sale on RCPlanet and Active Power Sports. And so far it's still on my backorder at Tower
Steve

At this point, for a few hundred more you can get a Losi Desert Buggy XL 1/5th scale and have it in just a few days. :\

Paid $1019 to the door for a 5sc right before Christmas.... I'll wait for the Octane:)
Steve

Here is the email I sent and received from HPI this morning

I pre ordered an XL Octane on
Towers web site. Any idea when
They will be shipped.

Still nothing at this time.

Last edited:
At this point, for a few hundred more you can get a Losi Desert Buggy XL 1/5th scale and have it in just a few days. :\

My thoughts exactly, but now I'm obsessing over the 5ive!

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Paid $1019 to the door for a 5sc right before Christmas.... I'll wait for the Octane:)
Steve

Here is the email I sent and received from HPI this morning

I pre ordered an XL Octane on
Towers web site. Any idea when
They will be shipped.

Still nothing at this time.

I spoke to Tower today. The Octane was postponed again by HPI. They have no idea when it's coming out. I cancelled my back order.

My thoughts exactly, but now I'm obsessing over the 5ive!

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I spoke to Tower today. The Octane was postponed again by HPI. They have no idea when it's coming out. I cancelled my back order.

The gal I talked to at Tower the other day had no idea, but I'm going to hang in there. They won't charge your credit card until they ship.
Steve

I owned a lot of savages threw the years and still have sum I have 2 xl's I find it hard to believe that that engine can even come pair to a lrp or picco engine and it's cheaper. I would like to see on run but to own one I would have to wait in see th get out on the market with sum feed back and video

The guy at my LHS said they are having problems with them catching on fire due to how close all the components are to the exhaust. Not sure if this is the real deal but I thought I would pass it along.

The guy at my LHS said they are having problems with them catching on fire due to how close all the components are to the exhaust. Not sure if this is the real deal but I thought I would pass it along.

Not sure I'm really buying that. Have you seen the HPI Baja? There is plenty of plastic around it's engine and they don't catch fire.

The difference is the exhaust is right by the gas tank on the savage where on the Baja it's on the rear.

Don't buy that either..
Trucks have more engine room n them :\than any chainsaw...
Steve

So just saw the new video from hpi and the rerouted the exhaust away from the gas tank.... Weird

Back