Garage sale find!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugz2008

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Wife wanted to stop and look at a sewing table, my eyes went right to this... older 4-tec .15, pretty much complete minus the easy start gears, body and radio (I have 4 extra radios) for the grand price of... 20 bucks. I am going to take it all the way down to the chassis, clean it and rebuild it. Motor turns easy and seems to have good compression.. needs a new clutch bell for sure its got a little rust on the teeth. I am going to build it back as a .15, but will likely upgrade it to a 2.5 later. Has some spare parts in the box.. belts all look to be in pretty good shape.... worst case scenario I am out 20 bucks, best case scenario I have a decent little 4-tec for 20 bucks and a little work.

4tec_zps10f1737b.jpg

Diamond in the ruff ! Great find. Hope it works for you and you have fun with it.

Just got a battery pack in it...both servos are working. So that is a plus...now its time to start breaking it down!!!

What's in your cup? That's either really good hot chocolate or really bad coffee.

either way, id rather pay 10 cents for a bad cup of coffee than 20 dollars for a cup of hot chocolate!

I doesn't matter whats in the cup, as long as he pretends to engoy it! The cup does say super dad doesn't it?

What's in your cup? That's either really good hot chocolate or really bad coffee.

Coffee/Baileys Irish cream, but you are right...its left over coffee from the night before microwaved....

Congrats on a nice score!

thanks..ordered a body, front body mounts, foam bumper...doesn't look like I need anything else for it..pulled the easy start off of an old blown .15 from a rustler...got 1st/2nd gears off the clutch bell and hit them with a fine brush wheel on my dremel they cleaned right up..the bell looks good, shoes look newer... I have it down to the chassis...just a matter of cleaning it up and putting it back together... decided I am going to give this one to my daughter as her first RC... so its probably going pink and white, I will post pics when done.

Sweet. I scored a T Maxx for the same price. Must be the year for garage sale finds, LOL. Great score. Best of luck with it. Shaun

Back