G Body shuffle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows what this shuffle is?

What is the G Body shuffle I hear about ?
ANSWER STOLEN FROM SOMEWHERE ON THE INTERNET:

Vehicles. (monte carlo, grand prix, cutlass, regal ,el camino ,malibu) In which upon a hard launch with enough power the vehicle swerves or dips to one side from unequal torque transfer. This is due to the triangulated 4-link suspension. the term is commonly used among Drag race folks. Note: the 1987 regal GNX did not have this problem as it had a ladder bar/ panhard bar setup

So what does that tell us?

Spinning tires is fun? Not so great if your drag racing but a blast on the street. G body's are the only ones I ever built. Had an 84 Monte Carlo SS, 76 El Camino, and a 79 Malibu. Always wanted a Cutlass or Regal but had a Daughter instead.

Great platform. We had a 81 GMC Caballero growing up around the farm. Cool vehicle. It was a V6 & my dad would send me to town to pick up fence supplies- cheaper on gas than the 1ton 4x4. Be cool to have it now, throw a LS in there & it would G body shuffle then 😄

ANSWER STOLEN FROM SOMEWHERE ON THE INTERNET:

Vehicles. (monte carlo, grand prix, cutlass, regal ,el camino ,malibu) In which upon a hard launch with enough power the vehicle swerves or dips to one side from unequal torque transfer. This is due to the triangulated 4-link suspension. the term is commonly used among Drag race folks. Note: the 1987 regal GNX did not have this problem as it had a ladder bar/ panhard bar setup
I believe this is referring to full size vehicles and maybe what I heard about RC G-bodies was a just bull$h1t talking and at some point it describes no prep drag no matter what body you have until you truly learn to tune it….. lol😬😬😬

Back