fwd gear kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Why do some opt to go for a forward only tranny gear kit?

The reverse gear is weak and strips very easy. I stripped the reverse gear 5 times before I converted mine to forward only and haven't had a issue since. The new revo and t maxx don't even come with reverse there were so many issues with it.

I'm going to FWD only in the next 2 or so weeks when i get my parts. my shifting servo poop itself prob due to me setting it up properly but I'm getting rid of it anyway and going to use the new replacement servo to act as a shut of on the fuel line so when its flipped a long way away i can just shut if off and wonder over.

I was thinking of upgrading to the Robinson kit, but I'm not sure how the two kits they offer differ in performance.

FWD = Front Wheel Drive

What is being explained is called FOC.
Forward Only Conversion.

fwd meaning shortened for forward....

yes forward only kits. sorry

I shelled reverse in mine within the first week and replaced it with the FOC and center diff/rear brake upgrade.

I shelled reverse in mine within the first week and replaced it with the FOC and center diff/rear brake upgrade.

How does the rear brake kit change the characteristics of the revo? Is it used in conjunction with the stock brake?

It's about useless without the center differential installed.

This?
TRA5414-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the rear brake can't be installed on the Revo without the center diff pictured.

Back