Futaba System

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avengedanarchy88

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I wanted to upgrade my entire radio system. Receiver,servos,failsafe,and controller. I was wondering if futaba makes a system for the t maxx?

You should look into going with Spectrum for your receiver and transmitter. Reasonable price for the performance.

As far as servos go, I just bought and installed the JR Sport ST126MG servo for steering and swapped the 2055 to the throttle. It's a great setup and affordable. I got my JR for under $30 shipped. Just gotta look around. The specs are 144oz. of torque @ 6 volts. And it's faster than the Hi-tec 645 most people run. It'll turn the tires standing still with no issues on my maxx, as well as snapping back to zero quickly.

what are the benefits of changing the receiver and transmitter other than range and number of available channels.

radio system

I have reverse on my t maxx. if i change my transmitter an receiver do i lose my reverse or can i program reverse on my new transmitter?

There are a lot of factor to play with here avenged. First what Futaba are you looking at? If you are looking at another 3 channel then keeping reverse is no problem. Next are you going AM, FM or the big jump to 2.4 FASST? Personally for 2.4 I like Futaba over Spectrum. Just personal choice on my part. As Flatblack said above JR are great servos but then again so are Hitec. For the most part any aftermarket radio system will work with your T-Maxx.

yo?

well i was gonna go with 2.4 fasst system but jus didnt no if i can keep my reverse cuz me an my ol lady hav bad backs an can't be runnin everytime it gets snagged

well i was gonna go with 2.4 fasst system but jus didnt no if i can keep my reverse cuz me an my ol lady hav bad backs an can't be runnin everytime it gets snagged

Any 3-channel radio/receiver will work. The 2.4 FASST systems are awesome :)

Back