Futaba or Traxxas transmitter/reciver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all,

I know that the discussion of transmitters has been brought up before, however after doing a search here, I couldn't see anyone comparing the two of these.

I am still using the old AM27mhz Traxxas system, and although it still works good, I feel like in the near future, it will be time to upgrade to something that works better. I have found 2 transmitter/receivers at the LHS that I have had my eye on, but am not sure which would be the better of the two...or if there is something that is better than both.

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=FUT2PL24

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=TRX2208

I am kinda leaning more toward the Traxxas system, just want some other opinions.

From what I can see on previous threads, when compared, the Spektrum radios are a bit more of a headache than the Futaba radios.

Thanks, and again, if there is a previous thread, my apologies.

Last edited:
I have heard a few good comments about the specktrum transmitter/reciever... there is alot more going on yes... so if you aren't anyone who really just wants a reg. transmitter I have had good luck with traxxas but i have never switched controlers on the same r.c. and dont own anything different yet but was asking not to long ago myself. If you hear anything diferent def. let us know what you hear or find out by trying.

I just got the traxxas setup to replace the 27mhz that come with my mgt.
On ebay you can get the traxxas transmitter and receiver new in box for about 60 bucks to your door.

good to know nice.... from the lhs its 110 I think.

I have 3 tmaxxs and 1 emaxx all setup to run from a single transmitter. Its sweet!! Not complicated and very reliable. I also had the futaba system in my crawler. Also a great system, although I noticed I went through batteries quicker, and I drive my crawler the least. Honestly, is say get whichever u can get cheaper, unless u gotta pocket fulla gold. Just my .02

Back