Futaba 4pl or Spektrum dx3s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwdave

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to change from my TQi with docking pod to a different radio for my Revo (and TMaxx). What's everyone's opinion on the Futaba 4pl and Spektrum dx3s? I read somewhere that the Spektrum is known for the scroll wheel breaking.

For sure, if you can afford a 4pl or 4pk, go with either of them fore sure, they are like driving a lexus over a honda, both are good but the futaba is luxery in comparison.

I have a 4pk. It died on me. Warranty sucks . They fixed it, but I had to pay for shipping WTF? $20 for a repair isnt bad, but they should pay for tyhe poop. I bought it from Tower.

The DX3s has been dropped in favor of the 4-channel DX4s. I have a DX3s and really like it. My only gripe is that channel 3 is only a 2-position switch not a 3 position.

A 4PL is $200. It's the brains of your car, and it will control many cars. Get a good radio. Its important.

I have a 3pks and 4pl. My vote is Futaba. I had issues with a receiver and had no issues getting it replaces. Almost every run away I have ever seen using 2.4 has been with a Spektrum set up. I dont trust them on mine. Personal preferance but I call it better safe than sorry

Back