Funny Story

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well the entire police department that was on duty just left our house. Of course in this tiny town it consisted of two officers on duty in their crusiers and the mayor in his crown vic who lives near us. Mom was outside messing around in the garden because she's been stuck in the house. I was inside paying some bills online and I heard a bunch of sirens. Of course, being on probation I was trying to find somewhere to hide, as I've been arrested twice because people entered the information wrong into a computer. A few minutes later Mom came and got me from the back of the closet in the guest bedroom (No bright ideas James, I'll have a better spot next time :hehe:) and told me everything was ok.

"Whew! What a relief" is what I was thinking. So I go outside to see what all the mess is about. We have a top of the line alarm system with cameras, motion detectors, the whole nine yards, because, a few years ago, someone broke in the house and Mom almost shot them, scared them so bad they grabbed the phone and dialed 911 themselves to rat themselves out. Anywho, Mom was outside trimming away, and of course wasn't paying attention to important things such as utilities, electricity, things like that. While trimming some vines that were growing on the house, she had cut the phone line right in half, every single little wire. Our top of the line alarm also has a feature that alerts the police department if someone cuts the phone line.

A few years ago, a convicted murderer escaped from the federal prison a few miles away from my house, and was confronted by a Ball Police Officer (I live in Ball) shortly thereafter. The problem was, when Barney Fife asked the guy who he was, he told him that he was a contractor repairing hurricane damage, and was just taking a jog down the railroad tracks in a grey athletic outfit to enjoy the afternoon. The Barney (officer Bordelon) told the guy to be careful, because his description matched that of an escaped convict, and sent him on his way.

Read this, and click on the link to the video, which is now on every police blooper show on TV.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=38335

Now this relates to my story because: Back when the guy escaped, he was seen on our property, but when a neighbor hollared at him he hit the road, not to be seen again for a really long time. So today, our phone lines get cut in the middle of the daytime, and the police department does not want to be made famous again and made fun of on every morning news show on TV for missing another escaped inmate. So upon hearing of the cut phone lines, the guy that was in charge at the police station assigned everyone on duty to head to our house in fear that another prisoner had escaped, and decided to seek refuge at our house. Hard to believe this long afterwards they're still on their toes like that, but they took some serious heat over the last incident.

So I had a nice chuckle as I called the alarm company and asked them to "call of the dogs" until we got the line fixed, and then I had to explain what had happened to the cable company. Thank God she didn't cut the cable, without internet I would have to go stay at my other house lol. Needless to say, we're going to be without a home phone until Tuesday.

Last edited:
Awesome story Charlie, i'd love my mom comming out with a gun too!!

The escapee story started to sound familiar. I had already seen it.
Other than that, you live in Ball, and came out of the closet. Hmmm. Too much information already.

McNair was arrested in Canada by Officer Gagnon. Coincidence?

Last edited:
The mayor of Ball is a relative of my family. :hehe: or is Roy Herbon still the mayor Charlie ?

Yeap, he's been the mayor since before I was born, and it seems like he's going to outlast my lifespan as well lol.

You're not getting the SS as bail, so it wont be worth the drive!

Ill just confiscate it as evidence. muahahahahah. Nah, id grab it, you, and mine, and we would head out to the desert in the unit to run em. YAY FUELMAN!!

Yeap I got 16 fuelman cards in my desk drawer at work as that's one of my responsibilities, one thing I definitely have is lots of gas.

Not near drunk enough my friend, not near drunk enough.

Back