Full aluminum kits?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieterry

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Do they make a full aluminum kit for the tmaxx 3.3? I just want to get rid of all of this plastic, I don't mind if it adds weight, just want something that wont break so easy.

I'm talking like A Arms, under body, drive line, everything.

Yes they make them. Problem with them isn't really weight, and your right the aluminum won't break as easy. They do though bend and end up malformed, causing horrid steering and when they do break, they usually break the bulkheads!
Upgrade to RPM plastic A-Arms! Tekno or MIP for driveshafts. They make good bumpers too! If ya really just gotta have the aluminum heres a link: http://www.gpmparts.com/shop/traxxas-tmaxx-33-c-1532_1624_1619.html

Peace,
Story
TC6-TEAM DUALSKY - CKHobby*~BBRC MEMBER-

Aluminum for a arms is a BAD idea!
like mentioned above they bend with ease and will not absorb the impact that high quality plastic will
Not only is rpm better than aluminum in every aspect rpm also has a lifetime warranty on there products....once you bend up your aluminum a arms after some light jumpin/bashin and try to return them they will laugh at you.....Rpm will hold up much better and IF it does break just call rpm and you can get a free replacement

Last edited:
If the rig is to do jumps and bash, i wouldnt recommend going for the aluminium kit, just my :2cents:

Alloy A-Arms is for show, not for go. You will not be happy with the results and you will end up spending three times as much or more in the long run with it. Aluminum is for structural items like bulkheads.

there is a place for some aluminum on a bashing truck, but a-arms is not one of them! go with RPM a arms they will serve you well !

Thank you for your replies everyone. I never thought of aluminum bending. Glad I didn't place an order yet haha.

Back