fuel filters?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emerpus

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
are they really needed and does it matter what brand and size you get?

if you drive in dirt leaves or some where where the car will get really dirty its a good idea to have one. but if its a on road and doesn't get to dirty you prob be fine without one. just try not to get dirt in your gas tank. only 3 out of 13 cars only have filters so its really up to you plus if it flips over you will have a few sec more to get to it to filp it back over with a filter.

Disregard qaart, you should run a fuel filter. No matter what you run, sometime you're gonna be in a hurry and open the tank with dirt around the fill neck and something will drop in. Cheap insurance for your engine.

A bigger filter will act as a reservoir and give you more time get back on your wheels if you flip on your lid.

Always use a fuel filter no matter where you run.

I was always partial to the large capacity ones put out by Kyosho. I think Dynamite has a large one as well called the Bid Daddy or something like that.

Qaart, think before you post.

I agree for the need for a filter, but it begs the question.... Could I run two in series and have even more reserve for when it flips upside down:D