Fuel Filters.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering if I had to buy one for both tubes (one going to the engine and one coming from the muffler). I've seen most people have only one for the tube that goes to the engine. I'm running on-roads so I'm pretty sure there won't be dust or dirt going into the tank, but I'm just making sure.

You should only need to buy one for the intake line. I've heard that adding one to the exhaust line can even out idle and add some performance but unless your a hardcore race junkie just seems like extra money to me :)

i run both its just 4bucks for the 2nd one and it seems to make the car run smoother and prime a lil easier more constant pressure i guess

I might as well put it on both, there only like $4 each.

I dont see a need for a filter between the pipe and tank. And I dont see how adding one would help any performance? But I dont see how having one would hurt anything? So if you want to use one there I believe its preferance over performance.

yeah i think so to but you actully do notice at the bottom of a tank the car doesn't choke out as bad i believe it creates a more constant pressure through the tank but thats just my $.02

Probably. I'll ask my LHS if I should, there's a dude there with same engine and car.

yeah i dont have that luxury up here 2 outta the 3 hobby shops are full of stupid people who sell me the wrong damn parts

yeah i dont have that luxury up here 2 outta the 3 hobby shops are full of stupid people who sell me the wrong damn parts
Not really, mine is useful. Well, they told me that I just need one for the intake tube.

Thread moved here from Tool forum.
Don't get a cheapie with just a screen, go for an extra dollar or two and get the Big Daddy. It has a porous Bronze stone inside, and is one of the best you can get.
If you add one to the return line, that's where you put the cheapie.

Oh, I didn't know this belonged to the engines section, sorry. Anyways, they only had the cheapie one, I'll try to get the better one then switch it.

Actually, it could have gone in several forums other than "Tools."
The cheapie will get you through, but a good filter might save the life of your engine one day. When you get the good one, you can put the other in your return.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I got a fuel filter where it has a big tank rather than those dinky small ones, don't really think I need a big one though. The only reason I got it was because it was purple to match my cooling head.

BTW: Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.hobbyguyrc.com/Items/DYN2026?

Yup, that's the one. Run it with the hollow end to the engine, that way the crud collects on the outside where you can see it, and a shot from an air hose to the inside will blow it clean.

The Big Daddy is on top of the head ring (it's red).
The next one down is just used as a fuel reservoir for extra lid time, and the one on the return line, on the roll bar, keeps muffler crud from getting back to the tank, as well as smoothing out the pressure flow.

Return_line.jpg

Ah I see. I'll try to look for a purple Big Daddy :D.

I have the Big Daddy as well and its a sintered bronze filter. Its cleanable, looks good, isnt that much, and if you really feel like it, the filter element is replacable for only i think 2 bucks.